No chemicals or preservatives. At all!
Washes off easily with warm water.
• Organic Raw Sugar
• Organic Lemon Juice
• That's it!
Sugaring is a method of hair removal that has been used by the Egyptians since 1900BC. Rumor has it (and I would agree) that it is less painful than waxing. But let's be honest: ripping out hair is ripping out hair. As a self waxer, I find that sugaring is a much faster and cleaner approach than waxing, and as an added benefit it uses much less product and requires no strips. If this jar were wax it would be empty after doing one leg. But when I sugared, I was able to do both legs with just one 1" ball that barely made a dent in my supply.
If you're not familiar with sugaring, here are the instructions. I also recommend watching videos so that you really know what you're doing beforehand.
• Apply corn starch to the section to be waxed. This helps the wax grab hair and not your skin. It also absorbs oil that may prevent the wax from grabbing on well.
• The product you receive will be quite hard. If you have a microwave, zap it just long enough that you can manipulate the wax (10-15 seconds). If you don't have a microwave that's okay too. Just slowwwwly try to pull a couple fingerfulls out. Your body temperature will warm the paste and soften it as you pull.
• Work the paste lightly in your hands until you have a nice, pliable ball.
• Firmly spread it in the OPPOSITE direction of hair growth, allowing it to spread as you slowly smear it.
• Hold skin taut with your free hand and in a fast, flicking motion, remove the paste in the SAME direction as hair growth (NOT straight up and away from your body). Often, it doesn't come off in one fell swoop like waxing but that's okay. Keep pressing down and pulling back and the paste will eventually pick everything up.
• You can use the same ball multiple times. Once it fails to pull up hair efficiently, you need to start over with a new ball.
• When you're all done, just rinse the area with soap and warm water!
-This product can also be used in gel form, in a traditional waxing manner. Just warm it in the microwave in 15 second increments until it is spreadable but not too hot. Spread in the direction of hair growth and press a strip of denim or muslin along the gel. Rub in the direction of hair growth then, while holding skin taut, rip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
I prefer the FIRST method because:
• The same wax can be used repeatedly
• Hair only needs to be 1/16", as opposed to 1/4" in the second, traditional method.
• No strips are needed (no washing used strips and waiting for them to dry so that I can finish)
• You can go over the same area again if you miss some hairs (but I wouldn't do it more than once to prevent irritation)
- Once you start you'll be addicted!
<3 Your skin is your biggest organ. It absorbs EVERYTHING. So don't put anything on your body that you wouldn't eat <3