Our gourmet popcorn kit has the best popcorn kernels - old fashioned popping corn for a unique foodie Christmas gift that comes with popcorn cones, a gift box and recipes.
All these popping corns are grown by a group of Amish country farmers in the Midwest. This kit includes seven glass jars - each with 1/4 pound of popcorn kernels - of the following popcorn varieties:
- Black Pearl Popcorn - Looks black on the outside, but pops white with an occasional gray hue. They tend to be a smaller corn when popped, but they carry more antioxidants than either the red or yellow. Quite crunchy.
- Baby White - A heritage crop that dates way back, this is a popcorn with no hull. That means the crisp texture is mild and there are no hulls to get stuck in your teeth.
- Extra large Amish Caramel - Fat and yellow, this is your classic movie theater popcorn, only better. Pops big, with a creamy texture and a mellow flavor.
- Midnight Blue - The color of the sky just as day turns to night. This corn pops medium-sized and tastes sweet. A great corn to pair with our Kettle Corn topping.
- Royal Purple - A deep, blue-purple color that pops white and has a slight nutty taste. Perfect for an afternoon snack.
- Over the Rainbow - A colorful mixture of the blue, caramel, purple, red and white corns. Festive and fun for a party.
- Red Diamond Valley - A deep, dramatic red, like tiny little rubies. When it pops, the corn is white with a subtle yellow hue. The texture is a nice mix of fluffy and crunchiness, and has a nut like flavor.
Each jar holds enough to make between three to four quarts of popcorn (guaranteed to fill up your popcorn bowl). Though you can use an air-popper with these kernels, they are smaller than most commercially-grown varieties, so they pop far better when you pop them the old-fashioned way (on a stove-top).
This kit also comes with:
- Directions on how to pop popcorn the old-fashioned way.
- A brief description of each variety - so you have a guide for your snacking.
- Eight popcorn bags, perfect for holding your movie night snacks.
- Arrives in a gift box wrapped with elegant ribbon, so it's ready to give as a gift.
Want popcorn flavorings to go with this? How about chocolate-caramel? White cheddar seasoning? Sour cream and onion, or Amish caramel popcorn? Or even beer-flavoring or ketchup-flavoring? (Not kidding about those. They're actually quite tasty.)
Then please visit the Popcorn Seasonings section of our shop:
Is this a gift? Would you like a gift tag with a short (15 words or less) message? Just let us know in the "Notes to Seller" section at check-out.
- - - - - -
Our standard ribbon color on the gift box is purple. Want a different color ribbon? Please see our Custom Gift Wrapping:
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.