The Tea Time Mug Rug Tutorial ... now in an easy to save and print PDF file. An original design of mine, this popular mug rug was originally featured as a tutorial on the Wild Olive blog, and is now available here as a PDF file.
What is a mug rug? Bigger than a coaster, yet smaller than a place mat, a mug rug is the perfect size for a drink and a snack (tea & cookies, coffee and a bagel ... whatever you fancy). I have also seen them called "snack mats", as they are the perfect size for little ones eating a small snack. Make them for home, for the office, as gifts or to sell.
As a sewing project, this mug rug is easy to make -- even for beginners, and uses small bits of fabric ... the perfect scrap buster. The directions are written for someone using a sewing machine, but could easily be adapted to a hand sewing project.
This tutorial features:
* The original tutorial in its entirety with additional hints and tips
* Instructions on how to make two new styling options: the simply stitched version, and the lacey topstitched version for a total of 3 different styles of mug rugs
* Full Color photos
* NEW- Cutting list with measurements (in inches and in cenimeters)
* NEW- Full size pattern pieces
* NEW- applique templates for: mug, to-go cup, large mug, foam, steam, straw (could also be biscotti), whip cream, and a coffee sleeve for the to-go cup.
* Cute Tea Bag Embroidery Pattern which can also be adapted into an applique template (courtesy of Mollie of wildolive.etsy.com)
* Commercial license allowing the sale of handmade items using these tutorials & patterns
* fabric scraps (less than a fat quarter's worth)
* fusible fleece
* basic sewing supplies
Apx. Finished Size: 8.25" x 7.5" (21cm x 19cm)
Sewing Level: BEGINNER+ (These are very easy to make for anyone with basic sewing skills)
Time: 1-2 hours depending on level of experience
Pick up this PDF today, and right after your payment clears you will receive a link to download your pattern.. ready for you to craft and create.
Thank-you for looking!
** Note, the photos represent finished, crafted projects using this tutorial and applique templates. This listing is not for the actual mug rugs in the photos, but rather for a tutorial to create your own. Results may vary depending on your sewing ability, materials used, etc. Please note that applique templates are included, but instructions on how to make applique are not, and can be found on your package of fusible that you select (such as heat n' bond lite) **
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.