we rescue vintage used and unused canning jars from
- estate sales
- rummage sales
- tag sales
- garage sales
- yard sales
- side of the road
(see Fig. 5)
some are Atlas, some are Ball, all are vintage and a bit forlorn - they were just waiting for someone to come along and lovingly repurpose, up-cycle, turn them into something prettily charming that non-canners such as ourselves can enjoy and treasure for a long, long time.
so we take them home and we use a bit of imagination and a bit of solar power and voilà! the sweetest, sassiest decorations you'll ever have on your deck
or at your party
at your wedding
in your yard
as a night-light
and so on...
just set them outside during the day and let them soak up the sun.
...and then as night falls you and yours can bask in the firefly-esque glow!
- LED solar lights are safer than other types of lights because they don’t produce heat and aren’t wired to an electrical source
- LED life expectancy typically exceeds 25 years, based on running 10 hours every night
- they do not contain mercury, so easier to dispose of when they do burn out.
- so pretty!
each light comes with a rubber jar seal on it; this helps your solar jar weather rain storms much better and much longer. if you don't like the look of the seal, feel free to remove it - but we'd recommend that if you do so, you might want to bring the jars inside during bad weather.
this listing is for eight mason jars - various brands - quart size.
each jar, with lid, is a little more than 7" tall
*please convo for an estimate on any quantities that you do not see listed*
minimalist wedding decor - set of eight handmade solar lights vintage atlas & ball glass top mason jars .. quart size clear
- Handmade item
- Materials: glass, jar, mason, ball, atlas, acrylic, plastic, solar, lamp, sunshine, sunlight
- Made to order
- Feedback: 209 reviews
- Only ships to United States from Massachusetts, United States.