SLICE THICKNESS: approximately 1/64 inch (0.5 mm)
SLICES PER PACKAGE: 25
Artist: Charlene ("Cat") Therien
These pretty slices are tiny works of art. Handmade from Fimo polymer clay, these slices are fully cured and flexible enough to be adhered to flat and curved surfaces - such as fingernails, toe nails, cell phones, wine glasses, greeting cards, scrapbook pages, etc. They have a wide range of craft and beauty uses.
How to use these Fimo slices:
For nail art:
1. With nail polish: Brush the nails with whatever color is desired. (Note: lighter colors work better with most fimo slices.) After the polish has dried, pick up a Fimo slice with tweezers, holding the slice as close to the edge as possible. Using a brush-on nail glue, add a small bit of nail glue to the slice (use sparingly). Place the slice onto the nail in the position desired. Wait a few seconds, and then use a small piece of plastic wrap to press the slice down all the way, sealing the edges of the slice against the nail. Add more slices as desired, but avoid overlapping the slices when using polish. Once the nail glue is completely dry, brush the nails with two or three coats of a clear acrylic nail polish. (Acrylic polishes work best with Fimo.)
2. With acrylic or gel nail enhancement: Apply a thin layer of acrylic or gel to the nail.
A.) For gel, cure the layer 1 minute. Then add slices of clay nail art, being careful not to overlap the edges of the slices. Slices can be trimmed or cut as desired to achieve a clustered look by placing the slices so they touch. Lay a small square of plastic wrap over the nail and finger, and press the plastic snugly around the finger. Adjust position of slices if necessary by nudging them back into place through the plastic. Place nail under lamp for 1 minute, being careful to keep plastic wrap snug around finger. Remove plastic and continue with enhancement, adding clear gel around and over the slices, paying special attention to the edges and space between slices. Cure and file.
B) For acrylic, place the slices into the product while it is tacky. If necessary, a tiny bit of nail glue on the end of a wooden stick can help seal down stubborn edges. Spread a layer of acrylic around and over the slices, paying special attention to the edges and space between slices. Cure and file.
Note: If desired, slices can be glued in place onto cured enhancement, following directions for nail polish above. The slices can also be gently filed with a nail file to make them thinner, but be careful about filing too much or the slice will partially file off. If you make a mistake in placement of a slice, you can file the slice off and begin again.
To remove slices: use a nail file and file the slices off. The clay easily removes this way.
For embellishing items (cellphones, crafts, dollhouse miniatures:
1. Glue: you can apply the Fimo slices with any adhesive product. Fimo is non-toxic and acid-free. It easily attaches to any surface with a small amount of adhesive. Use plastic wrap between the slice and your finger to smooth down the edges of the slice if they are stubborn and don't want to lay flat.
2. Paint: you can embed the slices onto wet paint, positioning them in the desired place and then allowing the paint to dry. Adhesive may be necessary on curved surfaces.
The Fimo Nail Art / Scrapbooking slices will last indefinitely when stored in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. (Direct sunlight will fade the colors over time, so using the Fimo slices on outdoor items is not recommended.) All Fimo art is best used at temperatures above 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
As with all handmade products, small variations may occur in size, color, or design.
Payment, Shipping, and Returns
A: Payment Methods
1. Pay electronically: Payment must be made in U.S. funds. PayPal is the preferred electronic payment method. All major credit cards, e-checks, and bank transfers can be used with PayPal. No fees are charged to the buyer for this service, and there is no minimum purchase required.
2. Pay by check: Money orders, cashier’s checks, and personal checks are acceptable for domestic US buyers only (checks must clear before item will be shipped). Mailed payments are due within 10 business days. If payment is not received within 10 business days, the sale will be cancelled.
3. Pay by credit card: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards are gladly accepted. Debit cards with these logos are also welcome. Charge will appear on your statement as "CA Therien". To use a credit card for payment, please use the CREDIT option at PayPal or call us at (309) 740-9401.
B. Shipping Policies and Methods:
International customers welcome!
1. Due to the current high volume in orders placed with our company, shipping is made once per week when we have part-time helpers. Your order will take between 3-5 business days to process.
2. Shipping fees are flat rate and combined when multiple items are ordered at the same time. The first item is shipped at $3.00; and each additional item is $0.30, with no limit to the number of additional items which can be combined in the same package at that low price.
Please note: PDF files will be emailed separately and incur no shipping fees.
3. Shipping methods: Domestic Shipping is made via USPS First Class unless otherwise requested.
4. International shipping: International orders are shipped via International First Class. International customers are responsible for all import and customs taxes and fees. Priority shipping can be arranged if you let us know before processing your order, so we can send you a custom invoice.
A note about requests to write a different amount on the package: It is a violation of US federal law to falsely write a lower amount on the package than the actual value of the product. I will not change the value of the product on the package, nor will I leave out an invoice inside the package. Packages will be clearly marked with the true value of the products inside.
Buyer may return items for a refund within 7 days of delivery. The packing slip must be included with returned items. Items must be returned in new, saleable condition. Money back guarantee excludes shipping costs and a $1.00 restocking fee. Items must be returned in same manner as shipped to buyer (i.e., boxed in original gold box and shipped in a well-padded carton or padded envelope). Delivery confirmation from US Postal Service is recommended. Insurance is highly recommended. PDF files are non-returnable.
Artist & Inspiration
Charlene ("Cat") Therien has been working with polymer clay since 2001. She is a member of the Board of Directors for the International Polymer Clay Association (IPCA), and Founding President of the Central Illinois Polymer Clay Guild (CIPCG). She writes tutorials and articles about polymer clay online and in print, for magazines and websites such as PolymerCAFE', Bead Unique, PC Polyzine, Polka Dot Creations,and Polymer Clay Central.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.