This bag contains small scraps, from 1.5" up to about 4" square. The scraps are not necessarily squared off, but a variety of shapes and sizes, with minimum dimensions of 1.5" square (many are larger) - perfect for a postage stamp or baby quilt, or english paper piecing. There are between 50 and 100 scraps in the bag, plenty to make a little baby quilt top or incorporate into a larger project.
Please note that due to their popularity, I have run out of my usual scrap bag packaging. Your scraps will be sent safely sealed in a clear plastic bag, but will not have my usual header stapled to the top. Sorry!
NEW POLICY ON CUSTOM SCRAP BAGS. Due to overwhelming demand for custom scrap bags, I have had to add on a small additional charge for custom scrap bag requests. Scrap bags in a particular colour scheme (e.g. pink for a baby girl quilt) or including particular fabrics will incur a small additional charge (total scrap bag price will vary from £10.50-14.50, depending on the request). Please contact me for more information.
A NOTE ON ECO-FRIENDLINESS
I believe that it is possible to hand make in a low impact way. As such all of my products, packaging and processes are as green as I can make them:
- Using and selling even the smallest scraps from my collections means that every last bit of fabric I buy is used, rather than being tossed into landfill.
- I use exclusively organic, vintage and British printed fabrics whose origins I can trace
- All of my packaging is recycled and recyclable
- I use even the smallest offcuts of fabric, minimising waste from my workroom
- I recycle everything that I can from my workroom
- I make/sew/print as much of my products and packaging as I can, so I can be sure that no wastage or unethical practices have gone into the production of my products
- My workroom (and home!) is run off a green energy tariff, meaning that even my sewing machine is as eco-friendly as I can make it!
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.