While it is shown in the picture being used as a beach wrap, it can also double as an extra wide scarf or stole.
Traditionally waxed by hand before being hand painted in striking pink with careful purple dabs for the tribal heart design.
PICTURED HERE: Satin Silk Fabric in Standard Size - 78 x 45 inches (2m x 1.14m)
CHOOSE YOUR SIZE:
Standard - 78 x 45 inches (2m x 1.14m)
XL - 98 x 45 inches (2.5m x 1.14m)
CHOOSE YOUR FABRIC:
Cotton-Silk - A cotton and silk blend. More durable than pure silk and maintains the smooth texture and bright shine.
Jacquard Silk - Sports an underlying weave giving the piece delicious depth and texture.
Satin Silk - Classic smooth and shiny silk!
Chiffon Silk - Elegantly light and sheer - the most delicate and fragile of all the silks.
Peace Silk - A hand woven, no-harm silk suitable for vegans. Has a soft, muted glow and shine.
After drying, all our batiks are set with textile fixer, then double boiled and ironed to ensure color steadfastness and long-term durability.
To give your Silk Batik a long and happy life, please look after it carefully with these tips and hints and a bit of common sense:
- Do not machine wash or tumble dry.
- Use cold water rather than warm or hot.
- Silk is a natural fibre like hair, as such you may find that a little shampoo will be gentler and give your batik a lustrous, shiny glow as opposed to using harsh detergents.
A Word on Color: We have tried our best to portray the colors of our items. Having said that, please do remember:
- monitor settings DO vary so do keep that in mind as you browse.
- We hand mix all colors which means while we can replicate approximate color, we can never replicate exact color except by fluke.
- Colors are temperamental thingies. Shades change with the weather, time of day, and temperature of the room. Some colors we create are seemingly never seen again! This is the beauty of handmade - having something no one else can ever have.
Visit our gallery at http://borneobatikraft.com/ for some ideas as to how to wear your batik.
The luxury of colorful silk batik always makes for pleasantly surprising, exceptionally creative and very welcome gifts!
Contact us for gift wrapping and a hand written card or note included with your purchase at no additional costs.
For more Pareos / Sarongs / XL Wraps and Shawls: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BorneoBatikraft?section_id=10249879
New releases on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BorneoBatikraft/164616236959207?ref=hl
Tweet Tweet!: https://twitter.com/#!/BorneoBatikraft
Photography: Francesco Formisano @ Wildnis Photography Stories - http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildnisPhotography