Sorry, this item sold. Have BoldFolds make something just for you, or try these other items:
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A VERY UNUSUAL UNIQUE PIECE OF ART TO BE GIVEN TO YOUR BEST FRIEND, BABY ROOM DECORATION, FIANCE’, WIFE, HUSBAND, SON, DAUGHTER, MOTHER, FATHER, GRANDPARENTS OR JUST FOR ANYBODY SPECIAL TO YOU?
The Japanese KUSUDAMA (薬玉; lit. medicine ball) is a paper model that is usually (although not always) created by sewing multiple identical pyramidal units (usually stylized flowers folded from square paper) together through their points to form a spherical shape. Alternately the individual components may be glued together. Occasionally, a tassel is attached to the bottom for decoration.
Kusudama originates from ancient Japanese culture, where they were originally used for incense and potpourri. The word itself is a combination of two Japanese words KUSURI: medicine, and TAMA: ball. They are now typically used as decorations, or as gifts.
The KUSUDAMA is important in ORIGAMI particularly as a precursor to the MODULAR ORIGAMI genre. It is often confused with modular origami, but is not such because the units are strung or pasted together, instead of folded together as most modular construction are made.
It is, however, still considered origami, although origami purists frown upon using its characteristic technique of threading or gluing the units together, while others recognize that early traditional Japanese origami often used both cutting and pasting, and respect kusudama as an ingenious traditional paper folding craft in the origami family.
Modern origami masters such as Tomoko Fuse have created new kusudama designs that are entirely assembled without cutting, glue or thread except as a hanger.
This MINI KUSUDAMA ORIGAMI FLOWER BALL consists of Burgundy Maroon with Embossing of Gold Origami paper. It is made with 60 squares of paper that are 2” each.
The Kusudama is displayed on a beautiful Gold Tone Metal Ornament Stand with a tiny Antique Gold Tone METAL CRANE hung below and decorated with BURGUNDY MAROON and YELLOW glass beads.
The CRANE IS A SYMBOL OF PEACE in Japan and was adopted as one all over the world.
The Flower KUSUDAMA has its own uniqueness and meant to decorate your home and/or makes a very special gift.
• Displayed and hung on a beautiful ornament stand that is INCLUDED.
• The height of the Stand is 11”.
• The Kusudama measures 2.5”D.
• The Crane measures less then 1” across the wings.
THIS KUSUDAMA CAN BE USED AS A HOLIDAY ORNAMENT, OR AS A DECORATIVE PIECE IN ANY ROOM. THIS IS TRULLY A CONVERSATION PIECE.
DURABLE - The complete creation is coated with a non-toxic glossy varnish protective coating to make it resistant to moisture and sunlight.
For shipping, the Kusudama will be safely placed in a box.
The Stand and the box containing the Kusudama will be safely placed in another box to secure it all.
• THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY SHOP. PLEASE COME AGAIN FOR I AM ADDING NEW LISTINGS VERY OFTEN.
• MY HOME IS PET AND SMOKE FREE.
• I WILL SHIP TO EVERY PLACE IN THE WORLD.
• INTERNATIONAL BUYERS--IF YOU WISH TO BUY: send me a message and I will respond back after checking the shipping price in the Post Office.
Ornament Home Décor KUSUDAMA Modular Origami HANDMADE in Burgundy w/Gold Embossed Paper, on Ornament Stand One Of A Kind
- Handmade item
- Materials: 60 paper squares 2 inches each, Burgundy gold embossed acid free paper, burgundy glass beads, yellowd glass beads, Goldr tone metal ornament stand, Antique Gold tone metal crane
- Feedback: 121 reviews
- Only ships to United States from Massachusetts, United States.