1. Send me 35 items. You can use your child's old baby clothes, blankets, bibs, hospital hat, burp cloths, swimsuits, costumes, etc. Keep in mind that the squares are six inches. Anything bigger than that will be cut off. I can use one outfit for more than one square if you don't have enough items. The borders between the clothing will be 1.25 inches and the large border will be five inches.
2. Decide if you will buy the fabric or if you want me to.
3. If you buy your own fabric, include it with the clothing. Measurements are listed below. I normally choose a smaller print for the inside border and a bolder print for the outside border. I can purchase the batting here to save on shipping. I will add the cost of batting to the total.
4. If you want me to purchase the fabric, include $40 to cover the cost of materials and include your cell phone number. It is helpful to know what fabric you have in mind. Please tell me two or three colors that you want me to use and any preferences such as stripes, polka dots, plaids, bright colors, pastels, etc. I use one color for between the shirts and another for the outside border. You can use the fabric of the outside border for the back or you can choose to use something soft like minky fabric or fleece. I highly recommend ultra cuddle fleece. It is the softest fabric I've found. I will let you know when I plan on going to the fabric store and I will text you 5-10 different fabric choices. You can text me which one you like best. I often use 40% off coupons and I get an additional 15% off everything because I am a teacher. This helps keep the costs down for you, which is always a good thing!
5. Once I have the clothing and materials, I can get it back to you within three months. If there is a deadline, just let me know and I will make sure you get it back by then.
6. I prefer that you pay upon completion. Once the quilt is finished, I will put a custom order on my page for you along with a picture of the quilt. If you prefer to pay upfront, just go ahead and purchase this listing.
7. I will ship it back as soon as the payment clears. I always get delivery confirmation so you can track your order. Please include your address because it doesn't always match the address listed on Paypal.
Please note, these quilts are tied, not quilted.
Here are the measurements if you want to buy your own fabric:
inside border: 1 1/4 yards
outside border: 1 3/4 yards
back: (if you use 60" wide fabric like fleece) 1 1/4 yards
(If you use standard 45" wide fabric) 3 1/3 yards
If you use the same fabric for the outside border and the back, you'll need 5 yards all together.