If you have a favorite photo of a family gathering, a loved one, a pet - I can make you a custom quilted wall hanging based on your photo. The fabrics are applied with fusible applique, then free-motion stitched with coordinating threads. A sleeve is sewn to the back so the quilt can be hung from a dowel. You pick the size, color palette and number of fabrics. All I need to start is your photo.
The price for your quilt will depend on the complexity of the design, the number of fabrics used and the finished size of the portrait. The price for this listing is based on this example art quilt, a photo of me and my three sisters, all wearing our mother's old hats. It is 14 x 27 inches.
This art quilt is in a private collection. To see other examples of my custom portrait quilts, click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/TerryAskeArtQuilts?section_id=10266267
This is my standard process for custom work:
• You send me your photo attached to a convo, and let me know what size and color palette you would like. If you're not sure, I am happy to make recommendations.
• We decide on the complexity of the design, the number of fabrics to be used and the finished size of the quilt. Based on those variables, I give you a price for the finished quilt.
• Once we've agreed on the details, I create a custom listing for the full price, which you purchase selecting the 'other' payment method.
• I send you an invoice through Paypal for a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the price.
• I then create the quilt based on our agreement. I will send you progress photos during the construction phase.
• When the quilt is completed and ready to ship, I send another invoice for the remaining 50% of the price, plus shipping.