PHOTO SELECTION GUIDELINES:
When selecting a photo for submission, consider the following guidelines:
• The face is diffusely lit by natural light as opposed to washed out by direct sunlight (or the use of a flash).
• The color vibrancy is sufficient to determine accurate flesh-tones and eye color -- for an artist, two very important qualities of a color face!
• The focus is sharp enough to offer a clear, modeled view of the head and it's various accoutrements -- piercings, cosmetics, etc... physical manifestations of how the subject(s) assert their self-image/personality visually -- also integral aspects of narrative portraiture.
You may have a snapshot of your subject making a face you feel is perfect for caricature; however, while the face is perfect, the photographic conditions are less than ideal for artistic fidelity -- no problem! Don't toss the snapshot aside wishing it were up to my standards (or knock yourself out trying to recreate it), just send me TWO photos: the desired snapshot labeled "Drawing reference" and another, more composed photo marked "Color reference" -- I'll take care of the rest.
Do you want a mullet? An extra eye? Want horns? Tattoos where none exist? Want...whatever? No problem! Just let me know; I'll add it -- no additional charge.
If you would like a background more complex than the standard described above, no problem! Contact me BEFORE YOU BUY with your vision; I'll furnish a quote.
GROUP PRICING OPTIONS:
I also draw groups! Group pricing for up to eight heads is the advertised $20 for the first face, $10 for each additional face you add to the page. If you would like a group drawing, click the "request custom item" button and tell me how many heads you would like drawn plus anything else I need to know in order to make the commission successful.
FULL-BODY PRICING OPTION:
As you know, the advertised price is for faces only. Full-body drawings are available at an additional charge of $5 per person. To order full-body drawings, click the "request custom item" button and tell me how many bodies you would like drawn plus anything else I need to know in order to make the commission successful.
I offer the following choices:
• USPS Priority Express -- guaranteed service;
• USPS Priority Post (the listing default); or
• Free digital download via Rapidshare
Patrons desiring either Priority Express or electronic delivery should contact me BEFORE YOU BUY as you will need a custom listing to reflect your custom shipping requirements.
Did I miss something? Leave a question unanswered? Just want to have a warranty-free, no-obligation-to-buy, informal conversation before making a commitment? Email me; I'll do my best to make sure you find out whatever it is you're needing to know. Thanks in advance for taking an interest!