Watching the Sakura or Cherry Blossoms free fall from the branches where they have been safely nestled and float gently down to the ground, always conjures up pictures of ancient Japan in my mind! The underwater element turns them sweet and blue for something a little different!
Our muffler scarfs measure approximately 72" x 11" (183 x 28 cm)
PICTURED HERE: Jacquard Silk
Choose your material!
Jacquard Silk - Sports an underlying weave giving the piece delicious depth and texture.
Satin Silk - Classic smooth and shiny silk!
Chiffon Silk - Elegantly light and sheer - the most delicate and fragile of all the silks.
Peace Silk - A hand woven, no-harm silk suitable for vegans. Has a soft, muted glow and shine.
Made with traditional Batik techniques as done in Borneo. Cherry blossoms and their branches are etched onto Jacquard silk with hot wax. After the wax has been removed from the silk, The design is carefully hand painted over in shades of beautiful blue. Only the finest quality German dyes are used to create these pieces of Batik Wearable Art!
After drying, all my batiks are set with textile fixer, then double boiled and ironed to ensure color steadfastness and long-term durability.
Each piece takes anywhere from 6 hours to 3 days of work. Whew!!! x_X
To give your Silk Batik a long and happy life, please look after it carefully with these tips and hints and a bit of common sense:
- Do not machine wash or tumble dry.
- Use cold water rather than warm or hot.
- Silk is a natural fibre like hair, as such you may find that a little shampoo will be gentler and give your batik a lustrous, shiny glow as opposed to using harsh detergents.
- NEVER EVER BLEACH!!!! Good gracious!!! 0_o
They can also be worn as head-ties and ascots!
A word on color: We have tried our best to portray the colors of our items. Having said that, please do remember:
- monitor settings DO vary so do keep that in mind as you browse.
- We hand mix all colors which means while we can replicate approximate color, we can never replicate exact color except by fluke.
- Colors are temperamental thingies. Shades change with the weather, time of day, and temperature of the room. Some colors we create are seemingly never seen again! This is the beauty of handmade - having something no one else can ever have.
Shipping: We do combine shipping! Just send us a message here or on borneobatikraft [!at] gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing multiple pieces and let`s figure out which flat rate cutoff you fit under!
Visit my gallery at http://borneobatikraft.com/ for some ideas as to how to wear your batik.
The luxury of colorful silk batik always makes for pleasantly surprising and very welcome gifts!
Contact me for gift wrapping and a hand written card or note included with your purchase at no additional costs.
For more hand painted silk scarves: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BorneoBatikraft?section_id=10249877
New releases on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BorneoBatikraft/164616236959207?ref=hl
Tweet Tweet!: https://twitter.com/#!/BorneoBatikraft
Photography: Francesco Formisano - www.francescoformisano.com