Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
This unique holder is handmade on my potters wheel from dark red stoneware clay. It is hand designed with a special slip trailing technique and glazed in my beautiful Aqua Mist color. The texture beautifully breaks through the glaze to reveal the design.
As with all my handmade pottery...every piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. I never use molds and make each, one at a time. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. All my dishes are food, dishwasher and microwave safe but hand washing is always recommended. Each piece is signed Back Bay Pottery and my initials.
5 inches high
4.5 inches wide
This listing is for one (1) vase. READY TO SHIP
Utensils not included.
SEE PICTURES of how sliptrailing is done on my blog:
Copy & past the link to your browser.
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
WRAPPING - Each item is carefully packaged in Bubble wrap and a sturdy box. Gift wrapping available upon request.
Beach House - Ceramic Kitchen Utensil Holder - Aqua Mist French Country Dinnerware - Hand Thrown Vase OOAK - Ready to Ship
- Handmade item
- Materials: ceramic, clay, glaze, pottery, porcelain, stoneware, recycled clay, love
- Feedback: 810 reviews
- Ships worldwide from California, United States