These one of a kind buttons are handmade with smooth stoneware clay and glaze in beautiful colors. They are sure to dress up your favorite sweater, headband, handbag or scarf. This would make a pretty gift for a friend who knits. Original Designs.
As with all my handmade pottery...every piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. I never use molds and make each, one at a time. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. All my buttons are washing machine safe, though I suggest you turn the garment inside out.
This listing is for four (4) buttons (the ones pictured).
MORE BUTTONS HERE
>>> HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE <<<
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
WRAPPING- Each item is carefully packaged in an Eco friendly gift box & a pretty string. Ready for gift giving to yourself or someone you love.
Fall Woodland Button Collection - Olive Green Golden Acorn Tree Bark - OOAK Eco Friendly Natural Gift Set - Ready to Ship
- Handmade item
- Materials: clay, glaze, pottery, ceramic, porcelain, stoneware, recycled clay, love
- Feedback: 818 reviews
- Ships worldwide from California, United States