A beautiful and simple classic necklace. "Fleur de Lis" translates to "flower of the lilly" and has long been used to represent French royalty, and is said to signify perfection, light, and life. Legend has it that an angel presented Clovis, the Merovingian king of the Franks, with a golden lily as a symbol of his purification upon his conversion to Christianity. Others claim that Clovis adopted the symbol when waterlilies showed him how to safely cross a river and thus succeed in battle.
• Size: Pendant is over 1/2" across, see ruler reference to the right.
• Necklace Option: 16" or 18" sterling chain available in silver or antiqued finishes
• Charm Only Option: You may order just the charm with no chain and will be refunded the difference once your payment has been processed!
Each piece is custom made to order using the original vintage wax seal, circa 1920, from Paris France, unique and one-of-a-kind in every regard so they may vary slightly from the pictures you see and may vary a tiny bit in dimension. Each piece has been given an antique patina and are hand rubbed giving them an appealing vintage look that brings out all the detail.
Your Wax Seal Jewelry comes beautifully presented complete with the meaning and origins behind your charm or medallion and care instructions.
CUSTOM DESIGN: Have an idea or vision that you'd like to work together on? Let me know and I'll help you create that perfect piece of heartfelt jewelry! Custom designs and one-of-a-kind pieces are my specialty :-)
To see more wax seal jewelry, check out the rest of my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShannonWestmeyer?ref=si_shop
fleur de lis wax seal necklace - Vintage Parisian Wax Seal Necklace symbolizing Purity & Nobility
- Handmade item
- Materials: silver, sterling silver, fine silver, reclaimed, fleur de lis, custom chain
- Made to order
- Feedback: 823 reviews
- Ships worldwide from United States