You can get your fabrics locally and mail them to me, or have a great fabric store like Emerald City Fabrics send them to me.
Once I receive your fabric I'll send you an email and make sure I understand your design direction. Then I wash and dry the material so it shrinks. It takes me around 3-4 weeks to make the product, depending on my current work load.
Have questions? I encourage you to communicate with me about your fabric.
The photos here show the Cat Ball in use and some of the custom pieces I've done.
I hand cut and hand make all of my cat beds here in my home studio, where I'm surrounded by cats, outdoor birds and great music. My beds are compressible and washable (but you need to follow my directions!) and I've been getting great feedback from my customers.
There are two openings, the small one is about 6" diameter and the larger one is about 10".
The diameter is 17", the height is about 16". This product is sized for cats to about 15 pounds. If your cat is larger, convo me for info on a larger Cat Ball.
• I really like using quilting weight cottons for the Cat Ball.
• I also prefer to use prints, as they hide wrinkles and seem to look better.
• I DO NOT recommend using fabrics with very light color backgrounds for the outer fabric, as there tends to be shadowing at the seam allowances, and I it looks bad
• I will not use velvet, fleece or any bulky fabrics to construct this product for technical reasons.
• I do not recommend upholstery weight fabrics, as the weight can cause the Cat Ball to sag.
• The drapery prints you can get at fabric stores should be OK to use.
• Wool is OK for the lining if your cat likes it. If it's really bulky, it might be a problem for construction. The weight that is used for vintage Pendleton shirts would work, if you're familiar with them.
• You need to provide 1.25 yards of 45” wide fabric for lining and 1.25 yards for the shell/bias tape.
• I will be pre-washing your fabrics before I cut. I do this as a courtesy to help prevent shrinking if you ever wash the Cat Ball.
• Some customers have purchased fabric locally and some have bought on line and had it delivered to me. Both methods have worked well.
• I will let you know when your fabric arrives and when the finished item is shipping.
Custom Cat Canoes are also available.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.