ECO TAWASHI crocheted acrylic scrubbie eco friendly set of three COLOR F ECO TAWASHI crocheted acrylic scrubbie eco friendly set of three COLOR F ECO TAWASHI crocheted acrylic scrubbie eco friendly set of three COLOR F ECO TAWASHI crocheted acrylic scrubbie eco friendly set of three COLOR F ECO TAWASHI crocheted acrylic scrubbie eco friendly set of three COLOR F
See my shop for additional colors : yimmekedesign.etsy.com
These sponges are just so great !!!
Made of 100 % acrylic yarn. This acrylic sponge is scratch-free, and you can use it to clean anything.
I made myself a drawer full and feel so great about using them.
I will NEVER buy the store bought sponges again, you use them a couple of days, they carry an unpleasant odor quickly, and gone in the trash they go. The Tawashis in the other hand, you just toss in the wash after use with all your other laundry and they last forever.
I read about them in a craft magazine. You do not need detergent to clean your dishes with these sponges because of the yarn being made of very fine synthetic fibers similar to microfiber. Further they advise that if your plates are greasy to just wash them with some baking soda or vinegar.
Even though I am aware of the environment and do not use paper towel out of principal and make my own cleaning supplies with environmentally friendly products, I did not get myself to do my dishes without a friendly detergent yet.
As an incentive for the ones that do not know how to crochet,(they are actually really easy to make) I am selling the sponges just to help with awareness for our planet earth.
Size of sponge 3" X 4"
If you would like to order more than 1 set, you can convo me and I will make a custom listing for you.
If you would prefer another color Tawashi that fits better to your kitchen, convo me and I see what I can do for you.
HAPPY TAWASHI EVERYBODY.
LISTING IS FOR 3 SPONGES.
LOOK AT THIS INTERESTING NEW RECIPE FOR HAND WASHING DISHES. I TRIED IT, IT WORKS SUPER GREAT AND SOOOOOO GREEN.
RECIPE FOR HAND WASHING DISHES.
1. Add Hot Water 1/3 full in 2 plastic dishpans, approximately 2 quarts each.
2. In one, add 2 teaspoons of Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap, (or other all natural liquid soap) for the wash water. Note: Dr. Bronner's soaps, one of the oldest, most respected brands of all natural, organic soaps, are very versatile and can be used for face, body, hair care and cleaning. Lavender has long been known to be relaxing and has antibacterial qualities.
3. For an extra boost of cleaning power, add and mix until dissolved, 1 t. of borax and 1 t. of baking soda. Note: Don't expect tons of suds. Suds do not need to be present for cleaning action! Most detergents have added chemical surfacants to create more suds for the visual effect not the cleaning power.
4. In the other dishpan, add 1/4 c. white vinegar for the rinse water.
5. Hand wash dishes using a TAWASHI, replacing water only when it gets too dirty or cools. For dirtier yuk, scrub with more baking soda and borax. A good order is silverware, then cups, bowls/plates, then pots-n-pans.
6. Rinse all items in the "vinegar" rinse water, air dry in dish drainer. Do not rinse the vinegar off. It will evaporate, killing more germs as it does.
To make it a complete disinfectant, that has been proven to work equal to bleach, you can spray the dishes with 3% hydrogen-peroxide solution after the vinegar rinse. This is particularly helpful if you are cleaning up after raw meat or poultry.
Psssssst...If you still rather do your dishes in the dishwasher...The Tawashis are SUPER for pre rinsing your dishes also.