Why is Joji Creations Different?
- We completely submerge our earrings in the lacquer meaning there are no spots missed with a paint brush and no brush strokes visible on our finished earrings.
What does this mean?
- Our earrings are able to stand up to regular wear even by younger girls! We have chosen not to resin our earrings as we found that they can be uncomfortable if they poke you in the neck too often.
How big is it?
- The cranes are 3.5cm (1.38 Inches) from wing tip to wing tip
How about the ear hooks and findings?
- As our earrings are dipped on their head pins this helps ensure that the paper doesn’t rip at the top or bottom making them last longer. They are then securely attached to the ear hooks.
ALL of our findings are EU standard NICKEL and LEAD FREE then silver plated, making them perfect for people with metal allergies!
What is Chiyogami/Yuzen?
- The names Chiyogami and Yuzen are now used interchangeably to describe beautiful traditional Japanese papers. Yuzen papers originate from the Kyoto textile industry and have elaborate gold details in their patterns while the Chiyogami papers (translated to mean 'thousand generations paper') originate in the Edo period of Japanese history (1603-1868) and are wood-block printed papers. Each piece of paper is made from kozo and sulphate and has a silk-screened base layer with the pattern hand-printed above in multiple layers. Each colour visible on the paper is a separate layer of printing and drying which makes these beautiful papers very labour intensive.
**Even though it has been well sealed it is still not recommended that you shower or swim while wearing your cranes, as this may damage them. We also don’t recommend wearing them to bed as this may crush or misshape them (t have no problem with a bit of rain or accidental splashes).
All items in our Origami Crane Earring range are unique and this item is also available in other designs and colours via this link
If the colour you desire is not available please contact us and we can organise a custom order for you.
Note: Due to the variability of patterns in the paper used in this creation the item pictured may not be the exact item you receive. Every effort will be made to ensure that the purchased item is of the same colourings as the item pictured but the details of the paper may be in different places due to the folding process, a photo of the exact crane pendant you will receive can be sent upon purchase!
This item ships worldwide with FREE shipping.
Origami Earrings - Traditional Crane - Brown, and Gold Stripes
- Handmade item
- Materials: lacquered paper, silver plated earhook, hypoallergenic, Chiyogami Yuzen Paper, nickel free, Yuzen necklace, nickel free earrings, hypoallergenic post, hypoallergenic jewellery, Silver Plated jewelry, Chiyogami earring, Resin earring, Resined Paper
- Feedback: 68 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Melbourne, Australia