So often, when people think of quilling they think of flowers. And while quilled flowers certainly are beautiful, the art of quilling can be used to create an infinite number of designs. If you are ready to try a pattern other than flowers, then this Quilled Rooster Weathervane is for you.
This Rooster Weathervane is part of a set of three folk art designs and features wheatears and the quilling technique of bandaging.
The finished size of the quilled rooster weathervane is approximately 4” x 4”.
This 12 page full color PDF file contains:
• Over 9 pages of instructions complete with step-by-step photos
• Wheatear and bandaging technique tutorials
• Quilling shape chart describing how to make each coil and scroll used in the design
• Pattern Guide for your work board
• Quilling Guide with helpful tips and basic quilling instructions
This is a PDF file which will be available for download upon purchase through Etsy.
The art of quilling (also known as paper filigree) was born over 500 years ago when artists discovered that narrow strips of paper could be rolled, scrolled, fluted, and fringed, and then arranged to create beautiful designs. The original tool used to roll the strips of paper and vellum was the quill of a bird feather, giving this art its name.
Please contact me if you have any questions about this item.