Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
The words framing this piece reads in French: Toujours Sincère (always sincere).
"My heart is light as a feather, I am sincere."
The feather symbol represents the most accurate weight of truth.
The lightness of a feather can tip the scales of balance and order, truth and fairness, good and evil.
In ancient Egypt, the goddess Maat wears an ostrich feather symbolising truth.
Maat represents Divine Order, harmony, justice, truth, balance and peace.
Her feather was the measure that determined whether the souls (considered to reside in the heart) of the departed would reach the paradise of afterlife successfully.
The hearts was placed on the Scales of Justice and weighed against the Feather of Maat.
If the heart was lighter than, or equal to, the weight of the Feather of Maat, then the soul was allowed entrance to the afterlife. However, if the heart was heavier than the Feather of Maat, the soul would be immediately devoured.
*This listing is for one wax seal pendant with jumpring.
*You will receive the pendant without chain or gift packaging.
* The charm is made of bronze.
* The size is approx. 16-19mm in diameter.
* The jumpring attached to the wax seal charm is made of bronze.
* The wax seal pendant you will be receiving is similar to the one in the pictures.
The wax seal used in creating this charm is from 1810’s France, the last years of Napoleon Bonaparte as a ruler of France.
The wax seal pendants are made by hand in Myrtle Beach, SC by RQP Studio.
They have the RQP hallmark logo on the reverse.
Always Sincere - antique wax seal pendant with feather in bronze - French heartfelt truth and honesty motto
- Handmade item
- Materials: bronze, antiqued bronze, bronze pendanr, bronze jumpring, bronze feather, feather pendant, feather charm, always sincere charm
- Feedback: 871 reviews
- Ships worldwide from South Carolina, United States