My premium baby books feature the most flexibility for personalization, more pages, more prompts, and more space for photos and keepsakes. You will work with me to create a one-of-a-kind book for your child — boy, girl, or even twins — personalized from cover to cover.
You won't be limited to the predetermined topics of store-bought books. My baby book includes many traditional prompts while allowing for personalization. Include your own religious or family traditions. Request more or less space for photos. Emphasize siblings or pets. Plus, your baby's name appears on the cover of the book and appears throughout the printed pages.
You choose the decorative paper for the book's cover (see options in the fifth photo above). You'll send me your child's name and other important information, which I use to personalize your book.
Your baby's name, initials, and/or birthday will be prominently printed in an embossed nameplate on the cover, a unique feature of my custom handmade books. Your 11" x 9.5" book will also include envelopes to hold keepsakes, as well as color-coordinated handmade photo corners to secure pictures into place.
These features, as well as your choice from the 20+ paper options above, are included for the price of this listing. If you have other papers, designs, or requests in mind, please write to me to discuss possibilities and to receive a price quote.
Because this book is custom made, please allow approximately two months for delivery.
Like all of my albums, your baby book will be sewn with decorative stitching. All books are made using archival and acid-free materials to preserve your photos and memories. The pages of this premium edition are made from my highest quality artisan paper.
The following list of pages will be included in your book. Please read the next section below, "additional pages," for details about optional pages that can be included.
- Opening page with baby's name and space for photo
- Baby's arrival (includes envelope for hospital bracelet)
- Birth announcement
- Baby's first photo
- News of the day
- Baby shower
- Baby shower invitation
- Pregnancy memories
- Ultrasound photos
- About mom and dad
- Family tree
- Family portrait
- Welcome home
- Baby's baptism
- Baby's firsts (includes envelope to hold lock of hair from first haircut)
- Bath time
- Photo page (two pages throughout book, with space for three photos per page)
- Handprints and footprints
- Growth chart
- Month by month pages (four pages, with three months per page)
- Mini masterpieces (drawing or writing sample)
- Baby's favorites
- So much to say (speech bubbles)
- First family vacation
- First Halloween
- First Thanksgiving
- First Christmas
- First Birthday
- First Birthday (party invitation)
- Birthday memories through age 7 (two pages, with three birthdays per page)
- School memories through 5th grade (two pages, with three grades per page)
- Mom's hopes and dreams for baby
- Dad's hopes and dreams for baby
- Message to the future (written by your child at age 5 to him or herself as an adult)
Please review the next list of ideas for pages that can be included to fit your family. You can add up to 5 extra pages at no additional cost. If you would like even more additions, please write to me for a price quote. (It is also possible to leave out any pages above that don't apply.)
- Pet portrait
- Brothers and sisters
- Messages from grandparents
- Pages for additional baby showers
- Extra photo pages or journal pages
- Book can also be personalized for same-sex parents, single parents, adoptions, and other special situations.
- This book is hand sewn in a traditional Japanese stab binding style.
- Specially folded pages make the spine twice as thick, decreasing bulging when adding photos.
- Pages are hand-torn, giving the edges of the book a soft, natural feel.
- Handmade photo corners that coordinate with the cover of your book are included so you can easily add photos to the pages. Each 4x6 photo space includes photo corners. Additional photo corners for smaller photo spaces can be ordered separately.
- All books are made in a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment.
OTHER BABY BOOK OPTIONS
If you're interested in a smaller book for your baby, please see this listing for my original custom baby book:
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Katie Gonzalez studied the art of bookmaking in Cortona, Italy during the summer of 2006. Visiting a medieval bindery, working with luxurious materials, and learning to make paper by hand instilled a sense of traditional techniques into her work. She combines that background with her contemporary graphic design degree from the University of Georgia. She lives and works in East Nashville with her husband and her brindle bullmastiff.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.