This mug is handmade with porcelain clay and glazed in bright cheery colors. Holds 12 oz or more. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln.
The mugs are made one at a time on my wheel so each piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. All my dishes are food, dishwasher and microwave safe.
This listing is for one (1) MADE TO ORDER Mr. Owl mug.
***CHOOSE YOUR COLOR at checkout.***
33. Royal Blue
34. Vintage Plum (this is a pinky orange red color)
35. Dark Teal
36. Olive Green
37. Rustic Red
EYE COLOR: Please put your EYE color choice in the message to seller box at checkout.
DID YOU KNOW that I would be very happy to make a custom color combo just for you? Do you love that grey owl but want it in a different color? Or do you want a crazy color owl? Do you drink TONS of coffee & need a larger mug? It's only $4 more for a 20oz.!
Just send me a message I would love to hear your ideas!
My lead time is 3-4 weeks from time of ordering.
Please read my policies before purchasing.
NEED A GIFT and CAN'T WAIT?? https://www.etsy.com/listing/117999176/gift-notification-card-from-back-bay
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
WRAPPING- Each item is carefully packaged in a Back Bay Pottery Signature gift box & a pretty string. Ready for gift giving to yourself or someone you love.
WANT MORE? Contact me and let me know if you want a different color or style.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.