Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
NOTE: the other US state brooches available in my shop are in this section - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
The NORTH CAROLINA wooden map piece is in excellent condition, and a locking pinback has been securely fastened to the back, so that this piece of history becomes wearable. The size of the brooch [at widest/longest points] is 3" x 1-1/4". This brooch/lapel pin is from my pet-free and smoke-free home and has not been worn.
When you purchase this brooch/lapel pin, it will come packaged with cardstock containing a close-up picture of the Rand McNally - JK Straus information on the puzzle, and a brief history of the puzzle. This will let you, or the person you are giving this unique brooch/lapel pin to, know that this is a piece of American history that can be worn with pride.
The J.K. Straus Company was founded by Joseph K. Straus in 1933 in Brooklyn, NY. The family-run company made wood jigsaw puzzles. The puzzle that this piece came from was made in the 1940s, as the company used tan boxes and added a picture of the puzzle on the box top in the 1940s. The Straus Company closed in the 1970s, when the last family member retired.
Need a unique gift idea for a friend, colleague or loved one who is a US native? You undoubtedly have American-born friends, loved ones or colleagues who have roots in the US state they were born in, and they might really appreciate a unique & affordable gift that is a piece of wearable history. If you are a politician, you represent a certain state in the halls of Congress or the state Legislature, and you would stand out from your colleagues with a wearable history lapel pin of your state! I have hundreds of US State brooches/lapel pins available - all are upcycled wood puzzle pieces from 1887 through the 1970s era. If you go to the link for my shop www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs and then in the search bar at top that is titled "This Shop", type in a state name, everything I have available for that state will appear in the search results.
View other items in my shop - www.Etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs or browse through sections of my shop:
* USA History wood brooches/lapel pins - all upcycled wood pieces: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5718859
* Upcycled 50s-60s UK wood brooches/lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5550578
* Original fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533893
* Fashion accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533891
* Handmade brooches and lapel pins: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609356
* Vintage fashion for her: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533889
* Handmade home decor items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533895
* Vintage home decor finds: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5533890
* Handmade holiday themed items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=5609354
* Handmade paper goods: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ME2Designs?section_id=7018419
Thank you for looking!
NORTH CAROLINA Brooch - Lapel Pin / Upcycled 1940s Straus Wood Jigsaw Puzzle Map Piece / Orange / Wearable History / OOAK
- Handmade item
- Color: Orange
- Materials: pinback, jewelry adhesive, 1940s north carolina wood puzzle piece
- Feedback: 576 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Florida, United States