English vintage 1960-1964. Fully working
This charming vintage radio was made between 1960 and 1964 by the famous English radio company Roberts, who hold the British Royal Warrant. This is not a "revival" model but an original!
This radio has been tested and is fully working.
* The case is made from real teak wood and covered in red leather
* The radio case has been carefully cleaned and conditioned. The leather is in clean condition with no rips or tears, there is some vintage wear and fading to be expected
* The leather handle is cracked in one place (common with these old radios) but it is just cracked on the top side, the underside is still intact and still strong and usable (please see photos)
* The original dials are very clean and the little brass dial tops (called "brights") are all present and polished
* The polished brass latch which holds the back of the radio closed is present and working and so is the spinning turntable on the base
* Some small tarnish marks on the front grill (can be seen best on photo 3)
* Has a working spinning turntable on the base
* MW and LW
* Runs on a 9v PP9 battery (not supplied, but they are easy to find and last a long time).
Measurements: 8.75 inches wide x 7.5 inches tall (including handle) x 4 inches (approx)
As well as being fully functional, this radio would be fantastic for props, theatrical use, photo shoots etc.
This radio is heavy and weighs over 2kg when packed.
We know how disappointing it can be to receive something damaged through the post and so we take great care to pack each item with adequate protection.
Delivery within the UK will be sent by Royal Mail Standard Parcels and will be insured.
Delivery to everywhere else will be sent by Parcelforce Worldwide Globalvalue and will be insured.
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for looking
Our FACEBOOK page:
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.