- 200 pages (both sides) 24lb parchment paper
- page size is approximately 5.5 inches wide by 7.5 inches high
- matching placeholder with decorative bead
- rustic design with one or two straps to hold the book closed
Now for the exciting part! It's easy to customize your own journal, just follow the steps below and include your options in the "notes to seller" when purchasing or send a message. Don't hesitate to contact me (Christine) if you have questions or need a little help along the way.
1) Choose your Leather.
All leathers listed are high quality cowhide. You can choose up to 2 leathers, one for the cover and one for the strap(s)
- Oil Tanned Leather: Dark Brown, Black, New! Burgundy,New! Khaki Beige (this leather scuffs easily for an attractive distressed look over time)
- Suede leather: light beige, royal blue, medium brown, dark brown
- New Limited Edition Fine Cowhide (amazingly soft and beautiful to touch!): Dark Burgundy, Medium Brown
2) Choose your Thread.
I use durable high quality Irish linen thread. Choose up to 2 colors. When choosing 2 threads, please indicate which color you like the best. This will appear the most dominant with the other color as an accent.
Black, Charcoal Gray, Slate Gray (coming soon), White (coming soon), Dark Chocolate Brown, Walnut Brown, Butterscotch, Natural, Maroon, Red, Dark Rust (coming soon), Light Rust, Navy Blue (coming soon), Royal Blue, Williamsburg Blue (coming soon), Light Denim Blue, Teal, Turquoise, Purple, Dark Emerald Green, Olive Drab Green
3) Choose your Paper.
I use 24lb parchment paper. This listing is for lined paper, however you can request blank pages for all or just part of the book if you wish. It's totally up to you!
- available colors are natural and light blue-gray
4) Select 1 or 2 straps to hold the book closed.
Also remember to specify if you want the straps to match the cover or choose a different leather to create an accent.
5) Select a bead for the placeholder.
Choose from a selection of beads to create the perfect finishing touch for your journal.
- ladhaki bead (as shown in the listings for my daily planners and travel journals),
- 12mm semi precious stones: black obsidian, red tiger eye, gold tiger eye, amethyst, aqua blue amazonite, carnelian
- facetted crystal rondelles: solid black, red, olive green, clear
6) Choose the stitching style for the embroidery.
I usually add decorative stitching along the length of the cover. You can choose to have a blanket stitch (like this: TTTTT), the x stitch (like this: XXXXX) or none at all.
List your preferences in the "notes to seller" what purchasing and that's it, you've customized your own design!
Make it even more personal by upgrading your journal with additional custom options! For just a little extra, you can add any of these options to your purchase to include custom monogramming, a special message on the cover page and even an inside front pocket to store all your goodies! These are great options for gift giving.
Add a Custom Monogram for $5
Add a Special Message on the Front Page for $5
Add an Inside Front Pocket for $10
Note: I use sturdy blanket stitches for this option.
Shipping is set for air mail (Canada & U.S.). Any shipping overcharges above $1 are refunded to the customer.