This print is very special to me. It is a unique one-of-a-kind print using multiple print plates and techniques:
1) The paper is handmade by me using gampi bark which I cooked, hand beat and then formed in a decal and mold.
2) The birds are solar plates from my "November Visit” series http://www.etsy.com/listing/82891156/set-of-3-prints-february-visit
3) The “Flower of Life” symbol is made using the pronto plate or polymer plate lithography method.
4) The “arch” is made by using a stencil or paper to block out the background while printing.
5) The background is a combination of two patterns I made, one is a random natural pattern made by applying gesso/sand to a plastic sheet, the other, more intricate pattern is one of my skeleton leaf patterns that I make, printed via the pronto-plate lithography method.
6) There is also some hand coloring.
This print was not pre-planned. I call this type of printing “free falling.” For example, after I completed my bird series "November Visit” (which entailed making two sheets of paper per print, multiple exposed solar plates to get the right exposures and tone, etc . . ) I went into the studio with paper and multiple plates and just played around—it was a blast and a memory of a day well spent.
I hope you enjoy.
visit my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/88editions