I made this lei for the Etsy Beadweavers March 2012 Challenge - Destinations. Of course, my favorite destination is the Hawaiian Islands, and what is more Hawaiian than a gorgeous, Plumeria flower lei?!
I based this lei off my first trip to Hawaii, when my loving boyfriend surprised me with a pink and yellow Plumeria lei. Traditional Hawaiian leis have 50 flowers, so I beaded 50 Plumeria flowers, in white and yellow, and alternating flowers are outlined in hot pink and orchid purple. I used these cool bamboo tubes as spacers between each flower. Only thing missing is the intoxicating smell of a real Plumeria flower ♥
Each flower is hand-stitched, one tiny seed bead at a time, taking me over 100 hours and almost 35,000 beads to complete! The lei measures roughly 31 inches round, and is one continuous necklace.
» Truly Unique design from Lost Aloha
» Each flower measures approx. 2 inches across
» Total lei length is approx. 31 inches, long enough to slip over your head
» Each flower is made from Delicas and Japanese round seed beads
• My entry for the March 2012 EBW Challenge, "Destinations" won first place in both the public fan vote and the internal member vote! ♥ •
• My lei is also featured in a local bead shop, The Bead Factory, 2013 calender!
• My lei won Fire Mountain Gem's Seed Bead Contest, 2012, Grand Prize Employee's Choice!
Mahalo and Aloha! ♥
» Beaded Lost Aloha Plumeria Flower Lei «
• Design, Description and Photos © 2012-2013 •
• Sydney Alfano, Lost Aloha •
» see the rest of my shop at http://lostaloha.etsy.com «