Sorry, this item sold. Have TheCatBall make something just for you, or try these other items:
The Cat Ball is a modern cat cave bed for your kitty. It is hand made in the fabrics shown here, with the solid fabric on the outside and the stripe for the lining. The solid is a polyester microfiber with a suede feel, and the stripe is a cotton. These fabrics are nice!
The Cat Ball is an entirely hand made product, constructed with extreme craftsmanship. It's compressible, washable, durable and I've been getting great feedback from my customers.
What size cat fits into a Cat Ball? My biggest product tester is about 15 pounds, and he fit just fine. Remember that cats like small spaces! I've actually seen two adult cats in these things at the same time.
There are two openings, the small one is about 6" diameter and the larger one is about 10".
The diameter is 17", the height is about 16".
Fully washable. Read these directions.
Listen to our advice, folks. We learned this stuff the hard way!
* OK turn it inside out before washing.
* Remove as much hair as possible before washing.
* It is best to use a front loading washing machine.
* If you have a top loader, then wash the Cat Ball alone. Do not put anything else in the wash. Wash on cold, use a short cycle. Observe the machine as it fills with water to be sure that the Cat Ball is not going to block or deflect the water as it pours in (this has potential to cause flooding). The reason you wash it alone is that other items in the machine have the potential to force the Cat Ball into the agitator, and this can cause tearing.
* If you use a front loader, wash on cold and use a high water extraction spin.
* I like to air dry the Cat Ball. I reshape it and let it stand on the dryer. Air drying is not always practical, and it is OK to tumble dry. Use the low or medium setting until almost dry then finish drying with a short dry on the high setting.
* Most of my product is made with 100% cotton fabrics, which will shrink when washed and dried. I compensate for this in my pattern making, and the fabrics will tighten up with the first wash.
I have had the best results using the techniques outlined here.
To view more Cat Ball styles, see my store section here: