New: This is an Instant download, so you can get started immediately! :)
The 5 part tutorial is over 150 pages long with over 280 full color photos and descriptions to walk you through every part of making your own original clothes pin dolls. You can print out select pages or the entire document--it is up to you!
These clothes pin dolls are unlike any other. The design was inspired by a combination of the Anime 'big eye' style dolls and graphics and the paper dolls I played with as a child.
Traditional clothes pin dolls use a round wooden bead for the head--the clothes pin doll (hereafter referred to as 'pin doll') you will make here is a more sophisticated version of the traditional craft.
After years of perfecting my techniques, I am ready to share my super secret original clothes pin doll art creation methods with you!
Through the 5 lessons, I will show you:
1. How to create a layered face with dimensional eyes that appear to follow you when the doll is tilted. Face templates are provided! No drawing skills needed :].
2. How to construct a sturdy armature and body that will make your tiny doll strong!
3. How to costume your doll with complete instructions and patterns for dresses, skirts, 3 bodice designs, and a complete set of hat patterns and techniques (witch hat, nurse hat, brimmed hat).
4. How to wig your doll with a variety of fibers and styles--updo, straight down, sculpted ears and accessories and structured hair styles.
5. A complete guide to finishing your doll--accessories tips, tricks and techniques, patterns and guides for making fairy wings, mermaid tails, umbrellas, head pieces and more!
You will only find these pin doll patterns and techniques here as I developed them myself! :] You can view more examples of my pin dolls in my sold items here on etsy and through my Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollproject/sets/72157617527131425/
Can I sell the dolls I make?
- Yes! You can make a profit off the dolls you learn to create in this workshop! You can even use the patterns and templates I provide to make the dolls you sell. The only limitation I have on these workshops lies with the patterns and content—you may not sell or redistribute the workshop text, photos, templates and patterns without my consent.
How can I know this workshop will be awesome?
- These workshops are 100% developed by me, Jessica Hamilton. I have been teaching art workshops at national and private retreats for the last 6 years—I even taught on an episode of DIY’s” Craft Lab.” I have a bachelor of science in fine art and a master’s in technical writing—I love teaching and I love to research, experiment and write workshops!! Here are some nice things clients have said about my PDF workshops:
“I would like to thank you for an excellent project. There is so much detail, real step by step process and enough info to make a wonderful [project]. I have now read through the whole thing and can't wait to start.”
“The "booklets" are fantastic. Well written and the pictures are a real help and not the typical "fluff" people seem to feel the need to stuff in their directions.”
“Hi Jessica, your instructions are well written and quite easy to follow.. I am happy w my purchase.”
“I just finally finished [printing] the class tutorial. WOW what a ton of work you do on this class. Just wanted you to know how appreciated it is. And I love the fact that my next [project] will be so much better because of it.”
“This workshop has been one of the best I've taken… Jessica is a fantastic teacher and the project is so much fun.”
See more great feedback here on etsy:
What are you waiting for? Let’s make pin dolls! :]
Convo me if you have any additional questions!
Thank you for visiting Doll Project Art by Jessica Acosta Hamilton on etsy! :]