Brian Schmitt & Jane Kim, 2010
Inspired by Schmitt’s popular mobile of the same name, this sculptural clock is a calming presence in a world of digital timekeepers. Its radial sweep of 12 subtly curved arms of bent laminated bamboo float off the wall, bringing depth and dimensional shadow to the piece. A central hub provides a visual anchor, while a high-torque quartz movement drives the hands.
The Samara Clock is made by Schmitt Design, in partnership with a network of vendors in the greater Sacramento / Bay Area region.
diameter: 25.5", depth: 2"
- crafted from renewable, environmentally responsible bamboo
- ships with one AA battery
- clock housing made from eco-MDF
- hands are photo etched & painted stainless steel
- intended for interior installation only