CANE DIAMETER: approximately 1/2 inch (12mm)
Artist: Charlene (Cat) Therien
The milky-white border around the design is made with translucent polymer clay. Sliced thin (1/32-inch or .5mm), the translucent border will clarify when baked. Immersing the baked item in ice water immediately after baking will increase the clarification.
To slice the cane:
1) You will need a stiff, sharp blade. I carry a really nice blade here in my Etsy Shop. The blades are VERY sharp, so please use caution. Do not let children handle the blade.
2) Using a smooth, slow motion, slice the cane. If you need help in learning how to slice canes, we offer inexpensive tutorials in our Etsy Store to help you in slicing your cane and using it in layered sheets.
3) Apply the raw cane slices to any heat-safe surface (the item should be able to withstand 265° farenheit) and bake for 30 minutes per 1/4 inch (5mm) of raw clay thickness.
Polymer clay does not dry out quickly, but to prolong the use of the raw cane, follow these instructions: Wrap the raw cane in plastic wrap to keep it from sticking to other canes. Place the cane in a plastic zipper baggie or container. Keep the cane away from heat and sunlight. Stored this way, the cane will be usable for many years.
The cane will come to you wrapped in plastic and packed into a small gold box. The box is sent in either a padded envelope or shipping box, depending on the weight of the total order, destination and method of shipping.
As with all handmade products, small variations may occur in size, color, or design.
Payment, Shipping, and Returns
A: We accept four types of payment: PayPal, personal check, money order, or credit card.
1. Pay electronically: Payment must be made in U.S. funds. PayPal is the preferred electronic payment method. All major credit cards, e-checks, and bank transfers can be used with PayPal, and it is not necessary to have a paypal account to use it's services. No fees are charged to the buyer for this service, and there is no minimum purchase required.
2. Pay by check: Money orders, cashier’s checks, and personal checks are acceptable for domestic US buyers only (checks must clear before item will be shipped). Mailed payments are due within 10 business days. If payment is not received within 10 business days, the sale will be cancelled.
3. Pay by credit card. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards are gladly accepted. Debit cards with these logos are welcome. Charge will appear on your statement as "CA Therien". To use a credit card for payment, please call us at 309-740-9401 to make payment by phone; or email us to have us set up a special shopping link for secure online payment.
B. Shipping Policies and Methods:
1. Shipping is made twice a week.
2. Shipping fees are flat rate. Shipping is combined for multiple items purchased at the same time. The first item is shipped at $3.50; and each additional item is $0.50, with no limit to the number of additional items which can be combined in the same package at that low price. The handling fee is included in the shipping price.
Please note: PDF files will be emailed separately and incur no shipping fees.
3. Shipping methods: Domestic Shipping is made via USPS First Class unless otherwise requested. Priority, express, and FedEx are available shipping options.
4. Returns: Buyer may return items for a refund within 7 days of delivery. The packing slip must be included with returned items. Items must be returned in new, salable condition. Money back guarantee excludes shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee. Return shipping must include delivery confirmation from US Postal Service. Insurance is highly recommended. PDF files are non-returnable.
Artist & Inspiration
Charlene ("Cat") Therien has been working with polymer clay since 2001. She is a board member of the IPCA (International Polymer Clay Association) and founding president of the CIPCG (Central Illinois Polymer Clay Guild). She writes tutorials and articles about polymer clay online and in print, for magazines and websites such as PolymerCAFE', Bead Unique, PC Polyzine, Polka Dot Creations,and Polymer Clay Central. She teaches polymer clay classes for both beginner and intermediate students, in private classes and at conventions.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.