About the fabrics:
Black Kitties - This is a 100% cotton print featuring black kitties on a blue background.
Snakeskin - This is a cool fabric! It is a snakeskin motif and the snake pattern is FLOCKED. Yes Dear Reader, the snakey image is raised, velvety and fuzzy! And there is a light dusting of sparkles. This stuff is really dang cool (and super hard to photograph.) This fabric should go on the outside because the fuzzy texture is going to attract cat hair.
What size cat fits into a Cat Ball? My biggest frequent product tester is about 15 pounds, and he fit just fine. Other larger cats have used this, and I've even seen two cats inside one! Remember that cats like small spaces! The cat in the photo is 11.5 pounds.
There are two openings, the small one is about 6" diameter and the larger one is about 10".
The diameter is 17", the height is about 16".
Fully washable. Read these directions.
Listen to our advice, folks. We learned this stuff the hard way!
* OK turn it inside out before washing.
* Remove as much hair as possible before washing.
* It is best to use a front loading washing machine.
* If you have a top loader, then wash the Cat Ball alone. Do not put anything else in the wash. Wash on cold, use a short cycle. Observe the machine as it fills with water to be sure that the Cat Ball is not going to block or deflect the water as it pours in (this has potential to cause flooding). The reason you wash it alone is that other items in the machine have the potential to force the Cat Ball into the agitator, and this can cause tearing.
* If you use a front loader, wash on cold and use a high water extraction spin.
* I like to air dry the Cat Ball. I reshape it and let it stand on the dryer. Air drying is not always practical, and it is OK to tumble dry. Use the low or medium setting until almost dry then finish drying with a short dry on the high setting.
* Most of my product is made with 100% cotton fabrics, which will shrink when washed and dried. I compensate for this in my pattern making, and the fabrics will tighten up with the first wash.
I have had the best results using the techniques outlined here.
To view more Cat Ball styles, see my store section here:
Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.