Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
'Glenjade R ' is an eponymous Liberty print, created in the 1930s and added to Liberty's Classic range in 1979.
This listing is for 3 yards of 1/2" double fold bias tape.
Every seam in this bias binding is stitched with extra fine but super strong long egyptian cotton thread for extra durability, and the binding is rotary cut, sewn, pressed and checked by me, not a machine.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SINGLE AND DOUBLE FOLD BIAS TAPE?
Double fold bias tape has both raw edges folded into the centre, then is folded in half again, giving a final width of 1/2". If this double fold binding were used, for example, to trim an armhole, 1/2" would be visible on the outside and 1/2" on the inside. The pictures above illustrate the width of double fold tape.
Single fold bias tape simply has both raw edges folded into the centre, giving a final width of 1/2" (the tape is not folded in half again. If it were, the result would be 1/4" double fold bias tape). If 1/2" single fold binding were used to trim an armhole, only 1/4" would be visible on the outside and 1/4" on the inside. Single fold tape is more commonly used for seam binding and fine detail work, as the finished width is narrower.
If you can't see the print or width you are looking for, please just convo me and I will be happy to help if I possibly can!
A NOTE ON ECO-FRIENDLINESS
I believe that it is possible to hand make in a low impact way. As such all of my products, packaging and processes are as green as I can make them:
- I use exclusively organic, vintage and British printed fabrics whose origins I can trace
- All of my packaging is recycled and recyclable
- I use even the smallest offcuts of fabric, minimising waste from my workroom
- I recycle everything that I can from my workroom
- I make/sew/print as much of my products and packaging as I can, so I can be sure that no wastage or unethical practices have gone into the production of my products
- My workroom (and home!) is run off a green energy tariff, meaning that even my sewing machine is as eco-friendly as I can make it!