With the upswing in cloth diapers today these wool diaper covers are perfect for using with your child.
Why Wool? Because wool possesses many wonderful qualities.
• Warm, soft and gentle on baby’s skin.
• Keeps baby’s outer clothes dry
• Highly absorbent - Can absorb up to 40% of its weight in liquid without feeling wet
• Breathable even when damp
• Allows air to circulate which helps to prevent rash
• Grease and dirt repellent
• Keeps temperatures fairly constant – when diaper gets damp the wool cover keeps it at body temperature. Perfect for when you are out doors.
• Lanolin is the natural waterproofing on sheep's wool. Lanolizing is the process where the lanolin is re-added to wool.
Made from Baltic Heather Wool of the Andes - Knit Pick Yarns
the waist band is a knitted ribbing that has a tremendous amount of stretch to it meaning you do not need a tie-belt to hold them up. It also has a long waist that can be folded over. I like the added length because it comes up on babies tummy and stays in place better.
Waist: 10" that stretches to 16" circumference
Top of waist to crotch 10" - longer in back
Stretches through the hip just above the leg opening is 20"
Leg opening is 12 - 13" in circumference. This leg opening is somewhat larger than normal and would fit a larger thigh.