Perfect for planting succulents or housing a tillandsia (air plant).
Growing up I was constantly outside in my mother's garden, helping gather fresh vegetables and harvest flowers to scatter around the house. There's even video of me dangerously weeding with a fork. Unfortunately since I left home I have always lived in small apartments. With no outside space to satisfy my green urges, I began to create terrariums to bring the green inside.
This teardrop terrarium has two openings so you and your plants can get inside. The versatile shape allows you to hang it up from the top ring or sit it on a table, windowsill, or anywhere you like. It will arrive as a kit, with almost all the supplies you need: pebbles, activated charcoal, and a few suggestions for how to get your terrarium started! This style is great for succulents and air plants.
This terrarium comes in silver or with a copper patina, so please let me know your preference when ordering (see photos for color options). Chains available here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABJglassworks?section_id=11386887
Terrariums are also available without kits. Please contact me for details.
Width: 5 1/2"
Depth: 5 1/4"
I found this video on Design*Sponge helpful when I first started planting terrariums: http://www.designsponge.com/2009/07/diy-project-sprout-home-terrarium-how-to-video.html
* for more terrariums and chains for hanging check here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABJglassworks?section_id=11386887 *
* plants and soil are not included *
* eco friendly lead-free solder used to create a safe micro-environment for plants *
* all items are handmade by Ashley Bram-Johnson in Philadelphia, PA *
Teardrop Terrarium, teardrop glass terrarium with dodecahedron base in copper or silver color -- hanging terrarium -- eco friendly
- Handmade item
- Materials: glass, solder, copper, kit, muslin, pebbles, activated charcoal, instructions, terrarium kit, terrarium supplies
- Made to order
- Feedback: 170 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Pennsylvania, United States