Ever since I can remember my mother has cultivated a little moss garden, which we used to decorate the house during different times of the year. Unfortunately since I left home I have always lived in small apartments. With no outside space to satisfy my green urges, I began to create terrariums.
I made this terrarium entirely enclosed, with a hinged door to get inside. By keeping the door closed it creates a micro-environment, and within a few days it will feel slightly humid inside the glass. It will arrive as a kit, with almost everything you need to get started. The kit is made up of a muslin pouch with pebbles, activated charcoal, rubber feet, and a few suggestions for how to get your terrarium started! If you want to plant moss inside you will also find some tips on moss foraging! Besides moss, this is a great style for any humidity loving plants.
This terrarium comes in silver or with a copper patina, so please let me know your preference when ordering.
This terrarium is also available without a kit for $150. Please contact me for details.
Width: 7 1/2"
Depth: 7 3/4"
Height: 6 1/2"
I found this video on Design*Sponge helpful when I first started planting terrariums: http://www.designsponge.com/2009/07/diy-project-sprout-home-terrarium-how-to-video.html
* for more terrariums check here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ABJglassworks?section_id=11386887 *
* plants and soil are not included *
* eco-friendly lead-free solder used to create a safe micro-environment for plants *
* all items are handmade by Ashley Bram-Johnson in Philadelphia, PA *
Universe Terrarium Kit, large dodecahedron glass terrarium with a hinged door -- stained glass -- copper or silver color -- eco friendly
- Handmade item
- Materials: glass, copper, solder, kit, pebbles, activated charcoal, instructions, terrarium supplies, terrarium kit
- Feedback: 190 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Pennsylvania, United States