Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
Titanic headlines include:
- President Taft's moving memorial service tribute to Major Archibald Butt who died in the Titanic disaster.
- The calling off of the search and rescue steamboat Minia, who was patrolling around the Titanic wreck site for bodies.
- Photo of G. Marconi and article about him testifying before the senatorial committee. Marconi was the inventor of the wireless telegraph used to transmit messages from the Carpathia regarding the details of the Titanic sinking.
- John Jacob Astor's body arrives at Ferncliffe, the Astor estate in Rhinebeck, New York; funeral arrangements underway
- Mrs. John Hays Hammond, appointed secretary of the committee of prominent Capital women organized to to raise funds for a Titanic memorial
- First Damage Suit Against White Star Line
About the newspaper: Volume XLIII No. 33. Virginian Pilot and the Norfolk Landmark. Norfolk, VA, Friday May 3 1912.
To read in-depth information about each of these articles visit my Titanic blog post
The condition of the newspaper is fragile but you are still able to read all pages and turn them without causing additional rips. As seen in the pictures there are tears, holes and frayed edges on most pages with majority of damage occurring along outside edges and fold lines.
If you'd like additional pictures, just send a message!
About the Virginian Pilot: Started in 1868 by Samual Slover , after merging several newspapers into one, the Virginian Pilot is a daily newspaper based in Norfolk VA. It serves coastal Virginia and northeastern North Carolina and is Virginia's largest daily metro paper. It is still in operation today.