This PDF format lesson will guide you step by step through altering plastic or vinyl doll shoes including recommended supplies, fabrics and embellishments, as well as additional tips and tricks.
The tutorial is 26 pages long with over 50 full color photos and descriptions to walk you through every part of designing and altering your own tiny vinyl shoes. You can print out select pages or the entire document--it is up to you!
No sewing or crafting experience is needed to complete this tutorial.
You will learn:
1. How to alter any tiny vinyl doll shoe to make it look stunning and match any outfit.
2. How to select the right fabrics and embellishments--also how to get the most out of small print fabrics.
3. Which glues, tools and methods to use to make your project simple
4. How to alter trims and notions to make to-scale embellishments
5. Linked resources section to help you find supplies
Note: This mini workshop will not teach you how to make shoes--this tutorial only guides you through altering premade shoes, specifically vinyl shoes. For information on how to make your own shoes, see my complete Tiny Shoe Workshop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76923287/tiny-doll-shoe-tutorial-complete
Can I sell the shoes I make?
- Yes! You can make a profit off the methods you learn in this tutorial! The only limitation I have on these workshops lies with the content itself—you may not sell or redistribute the workshop text or photos without my consent.
How can I know this workshop will be awesome?
- These workshops are 100% developed by me, Jessica Hamilton. I have been teaching art workshops at national and private retreats for the last 6 years—I even taught on an episode of DIY’s” Craft Lab.” I have a bachelor of science in fine art and a master’s in technical writing—I love teaching and I love to research, experiment and write workshops!! Here are some nice things clients have said about my PDF workshops:
“I would like to thank you for an excellent project. There is so much detail, real step by step process and enough info to make a wonderful [project]. I have now read through the whole thing and can't wait to start.”
“The "booklets" are fantastic. Well written and the pictures are a real help and not the typical "fluff" people seem to feel the need to stuff in their directions.”
“Hi Jessica, your instructions are well written and quite easy to follow.. I am happy w my purchase.”
“I just finally finished [printing] the class tutorial. WOW what a ton of work you do on this class. Just wanted you to know how appreciated it is. And I love the fact that my next [project] will be so much better because of it.”
“This workshop has been one of the best I've taken… Jessica is a fantastic teacher and the project is so much fun.”
See more great feedback here on etsy:
Convo me if you have any additional questions!
Thank you for visiting Doll Project Art by Jessica Acosta Hamilton on etsy! :]