* Made of 100% cotton yarn
* Tightly crocheted to stand on its own and hold its shape
* DOES NOT STRETCH due to tight stitching
* Hat is to be worn with the bow in the back
* Ribbon is 1.5 inches wide and 4 feet (Extra Small/Small/Medium) or 5 feet (Large/Extra Large/Extra Extra Large) long; ends are heat-sealed to prevent fraying
* Ribbon length can be shortened, and ribbon can easily be removed from the hat if desired
Coodinating Ribbon Choices (last photo, top to bottom)
* White organza stripe / same on reverse
* Pastel rainbow organza stripe / same on reverse side
* Multicolor floral on purple satin / purple multi-size polka dots on white on reverse side
* Please note your ribbon preference in your notes to seller; if no choice is made, I will choose the ribbon for you. You may also choose to omit the ribbon as your preference.
* If you would rather have another ribbon design you've seen in my shop, please contact me before purchase to make sure it is available.
***THIS ITEM IS XXL SIZE***
* Extra Small: 14-inch head circumference, 6-inch diameter (including rolled brim), 4 inches tall
* Small: 15-inch head circumference, 7-inch diameter (including rolled brim), 4.5 inches tall
* Medium: 15.5-inch head circumference, 7-inch diameter (including rolled brim), 5 inches tall
* Large: 18-inch head circumference, 6 inches tall
* Extra Large: 20-inch head circumference, 7 inches tall
* Extra Extra Large: 22.5-inch head circumference, 9.5-inch diameter (including rolled brim), 8 inches tall
* PLEASE make sure the hat you order will fit your intended recipient by taking accurate measurements prior to purchasing
* I recommend buying a size that is AT LEAST one-half inch or PREFERABLY 1 inch GREATER than current head circumference for best fit and longevity of wear
* Due to customer demand, I am currently altering my pattern and working to standardize my larger hat sizes
I began making these cute sunhats in 2003 when my first niece Abby was one year old. I crocheted a blue sunhat to match her bright eyes, and we gathered around her to put it on her head for the first time. The little sunhat made quite an impression on everyone! Abby realized the minute the hat was placed on her head that she was the center of attention, and she made no moves to take it off!
My sunhats are a cute and versatile addition to any little girl's wardrobe. They are consistently my best-selling specialty item at the annual craft show I attend. The cotton yarn makes the hat cool in sunshine. They can be dressed up with different types of ribbon or clips, or simply worn without. Customers have purchased my headbands to use instead of ribbon to dress up the hat. The perfect accessory for Easter, summer, or that special photography session!
Washing instructions: Pretreat any stains with liquid detergent. Handwash sunhat only with cold/cold water. Reshape hat and allow to air dry.
Looking for a different style of hat? Follow this link to my Photo Prop Hats shop section:
Please visit my shop for additional handmade children's items:
Find me on Facebook--sign up for my e-mails there for new product information, events, discounts, and coupons!
I am so pleased with the beautiful sun hat photos from Eliz Alex Photography! Please visit her website here:
Like the white eyelet dress? My friend Elizabeth Hamilton of "3 Pecking Ducks" custom-made it for me, and she can for you, too! Contact her here:
3peckingducks [!at] gmail.com