Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:
This beautiful platter is hand formed from smooth stoneware clay & gazed in a deep teal blue and emerald green. Each fish is stamped into the clay with my hand carved stamps. The spiral pattern around the edge was created by using a handmade stamp by one of my dearest friends, Giselle of GiselleNo5 www.etsy.com/listing/116764426/clay-stamp-spiral-pottery-pattern-or?
As with all my handmade pottery...every piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different sizes, shapes and color variations. I never use molds and make each, one at a time. I always use lead free glaze & high fire in my kiln. All my dishes are food, dishwasher and microwave safe but hand washing is always recommended. Each piece is signed Back Bay Pottery and my initials.
14 1/2" diameter
1 1/2" high
This listing is for one (1) round platter. READY TO SHIP
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
PACKAGING - Each item is carefully packaged in bubble wrap and heavy duty boxes to insure a safe delivery.
INSURANCE & DELIVERY CONFIRMATION is included in shipping price.
Fish in the Water Large Round Stoneware Platter - Deep Ocean Blue with Emerald Green - Beach House Home Decor - Ready to Ship
- Handmade item
- Materials: pottery, clay, glaze, ceramic, stoneware, love, recycled clay, slip trailing
- Made to order
- Feedback: 961 reviews
- Ships worldwide from California, United States