This is how I transformed it:
1) Used different dyes to give it an antiqued look - the sleeves and skirt took on a pretty black/brown hue not evident in the photos!
2) Added black/silvery platinum color lace to the neck, sleeve edges and waist.
3) Put an overlay of patterned black nylon mesh over bodice front and back.
4) Added a layer of black polyester chiffon with a rolled hem to the skirt.
5) Lightly dyed the bow in back (80's style "butt bow") to create a silvery color.
This is a tiny dress. To give you an idea of the sizing, Dixie Lux's measurements are:
Bust: 33" (84cm)
Waist: 24" (61cm)
Hip: 35" (89cm)
Height: 5'6" (163cm)
Flat garment measurements:
Armpit to armpit: 15.5"
Waist flat: 13"
Hip flat: free
Length: 67.5" (166cm)
Care: Dry clean ONLY!!
The hip area is pretty free, and I recommend getting a petticoat - Dixie did NOT wear one in the shoot. Also, the bodice is unlined. However, you could probably go up to a 34 A/B in the bust.
Photo by ImagicArt.com, Model Dixie Lux.
NEED a veil or headpiece? Contact me for custom work!
All Haute Indiscretion clothing comes with a tag, care label and hang tag.
Feel free to contact me about any of my items!
I believe in making the best quality creation that I can, and that pursuit of quality extends to how I pack things for shipping, and would be happy to giftwrap any item you purchase. And, my work area is pet-free and smoke-free.
In most cases do not accept returns unless there was a gross oversight on my part, so please read the descriptions carefully. If you are not pleased with your item, email me through Etsy and I will do my best to make it right.
AGAIN, although I try to give you as much information as I can about an item, if you need more information, do not hesitate to email me through Etsy.
Items get mailed out the day after you pay/transaction goes through.
I answer email inquiries right away and will leave feedback for every transaction.
I prefer Paypal.