SophieAndAva's Shop Policies
At "Sophie & Ava" our chief goal is to bring a smile to your face, make you the envy of your friends and make the world a more beautiful place, one stitch, feather and crystal at a time.
We prefer PayPal.
Payment is due within 3 days of purchase. If payment is not received within 72 hours of your purchase, your order will be cancelled.
We cannot stress this enough, please be certain your order is correct prior to purchasing as supplies are ordered immediately after payment no refunds can be issued.
For additional details please see "Refund/Exchange Policies".
For international orders, buyer is responsible for all customs & duty fees.
Custom Listings expire 21 days after they are created if not purchased. If there is an issue with your listing, contact us ASAP so it may be corrected.
Payment Plans will not incur any financing fees however in the event that a scheduled payment is not paid by the customer's selected due date, late fees will apply. We offer multiple options regarding payment plan scheduling.
Our only strict requirements regarding payment plans are as follows:
- 25% Due at the time of order
- Full payment must be received within 6 months
- Full payment required prior to services rendered
Special Events & Deadlines
For both standard production and rush orders, we cannot begin work until full payment has been received. Supplies for each order are purchased after payment has been processed & some supplies are imported. So please remember in order to receive your item quickly it is imperative that your invoice is paid by the due date listed. This is especially important if you have a rush order, need your item for a special event or on a specific date.
We plan our workload out very carefully to assure each order is completed in a timely fashion and by the guaranteed deadline. If payment is received several days late this may affect the receipt of your order by your desired date.
All rush production orders require payment via PayPal to assist in the expedited process. We recommend an upgrade to expedited shipping to guarantee delivery.
Also please be sure the production time for your order will work with your event date. Production times are an estimate of how long we expect it to take for the item to leave our workshop and do not include shipping transit times. So it is always best to plan ahead a few days if possible.
EXAMPLE: If you need your item for an event on the 21st and pay for two week production on the 8th, it is highly unlikely you will receive your item by the 21st. Our standard method of shipment is USPS Priority Mail and all orders are shipped from our local Post Office at zip code 92627.
It is IMPERATIVE that you promptly pay your invoice AND respond to messages if you are expecting a rush order. It is unfair to expect your order to jump ahead of others due to late payment.
We understand sometimes there are oversights and will attempt to meet a shorter deadline if our workload permits however are not held liable for late payment orders which are not received by your desired deadline.
Additional details available at SophieAndAva.Com/Policies
All items are shipped via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, delivery confirmation & signature release required. You may select to upgrade to Express Mail, UPS, DHL or FedEx via special request. Please note additional charges will apply.
Tracking information will be emailed during the packaging process. We do combine shipping. Any overpayments on shipping in excess of $1 will be refunded at the time of shipment.
Signature Release will be required on all orders in excess of $249. Shipping insurance protects you against lost, damaged or misdelivered packages during the transit process. All orders which the value of the product exceed $249 will require shipping insurance. . For purchases of multiple items in which the total value exceeds $249 shipping insurance will be added. Insurance is available upon request for an additional charge on orders of $249 or less. For packages over $249 Signature Release cannot be opted out of with payment via PayPal. This is due to the Buyer/Seller Protection program policy through PayPal.
As we cannot guarantee the security of your delivery location, Sophie & Ava is not responsible for packages which are lost, damaged, mis-delivered or stolen & shipped without insurance so we do advise you purchase shipping insurance if this is a concern. By electing to decline shipping insurance and/or signature required services you are accepting all liability for lost, damaged, mis-delivered or stolen packages. Shipping for all orders is at the customers entire risk, and we must waive all liability for all circumstances, including but not limited to: the shipment is refused by customs or the post, lost, rejected, confiscated, stolen, damaged, mis-delivered or delayed. If your package is confirmed as delivered and you suspect theft or mis-delivery, you must then contact your local post or authorities to investigate. Please contact your local carrier HERE and file a loss report with the Delivery Confirmation number provided. We will happily assist you in resolving the issue however are not liable if you opted out of the security measures offered by Sophie & Ava.
INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS: We are not responsible for any duties incurred by the shipment of your package. We cannot fraudulently describe your package as a gift or any other false description as this is a federal offense. We cannot be held liable for international packages which are held in customs for several days; as this varies from one country to the next we recommend you actively track your package. Packages which are shipped to international locations and returned after multiple delivery attempts are subject to forfeiture or can be reshipped at the buyers expense. Again we stress the importance of tracking your package to assure you receive it before your postal office returns it. We are REQUIRED to include a contact telephone number for the recipient in the event of failed delivery attempts so ask that you please provide an accurate contact telephone number. In the event of a returned package Sophie & Ava will contact the owner and which point they will have 21 days to respond to the request for an alternate shipping address and payment for said shipping fees. If we do not receive a response within the 3 week period your item will be subject to forfeiture.
We offer delivery services for any address within 3 miles of zip code 92660. If you are not located within 3 miles of 92660 we will happily schedule a meeting at Fashion Island or any of the South Coast Plaza shopping centers to deliver your order. You must contact us to arrange for delivery services at the time of order. Delivery must be scheduled for no later than 14 days after the order completion date. Orders held in excess of 15 days will be considered abandoned and treated as such in accordance with California Civil Code §2081, §1990 & §3051.
Refunds and Exchanges
Please keep in mind slight variations may occur due to the handmade nature of these items.
1. Exchanges for the same item will be accepted if the item is defective or damaged upon receipt. Please contact us within 3 days of receipt to request your exchange as shipping will be our expense if this is the case. We currently do not accept returns.
2. If your item should become damaged due to construction or quality within 30 days of ship date a replacement will be provided to you free of charge.
-Limit 1 replacement per purchase.
-It is the buyer's responsibility to return the damaged item prior to a replacement being issued.
- Unfortunately we cannot provide a replacement for an item damaged due to excessive wear or carelessness (IE: I put my 40lb dog in my tote and the handle broke off or accidentally dropped my minaudiere over a 2nd story balcony). If you feel your item was damaged during normal use and it was not due to carelessness please feel free to contact us.
Any special provisions, such as "Final Sale", "Sample Sale" or custom ordered items are exempt from this exchange policy and cannot be returned, refunded or replaced. In the event that a “Custom Order” item is defective or should become damaged due to workmanship, repairs may be available on a case by case basis.
Custom Handbag Orders
A custom order is defined as an item not using in house fabrics or materials. Example: a purse design available through this store in a material of your choosing that must be special ordered for your item. All designs using in house fabrics are considered standard handmade items.
1. Prior to purchasing supplies we will confirm the details of your order (this may be completed by reviewing your invoice). Once the supplies have been purchased your order cannot be canceled or refunded.
2. All orders are made when you request them. If you require your item by a specific date please notify us prior to placing your order so we may arrange for this (additional fees may apply). Standard production time is 4-6 weeks.
Custom Strassing Orders
1. Requests for custom crystallized objects (such as embellishing an article of clothing) will be quoted individually as there are a wide range of variations available & prices are subject to current supply prices.
2. Prior to purchasing the materials for your custom requested item we will confirm the details of your order, (this may be completed by reviewing your listing or invoice). Please be sure to read through your listing/invoice for accuracy prior to purchasing. Once the supplies have been purchased refunds and order modifications may no longer be available.
3. We process all payments through PayPal. This is for your protection as well as ours.
4. Once supplies are ordered they cannot be returned so we like to stress the importance of verifying the accuracy of your listing/invoice prior to processing payment.
5. It is your responsibility to ship the item you wish to have embellished (unless it is an item purchased through this store). Upon receipt we will contact you and notify you that the process has begun.
6. Please be sure to send only clean authentic items for embellishment. They do not need to be new; as this is a great way to jazz up your favorite pair of flats that show wear or add some glam to your sports jersey. Just please be sure to send it clean & no replicas please as this violates our policies.
7. We have yet to experience crystal loss however, in the rare instance that this does happen; a small bag of replacement crystals is sent with your completed order for quick repairs. If you ever feel you've lost an excessive amount of crystals you are more than welcome to send the item to Sophie & Ava and we will repair the item free of charge for as long as you own the item*. (*Please review warranty policies for terms, conditions and exclusions.)
8. Due to the custom nature of this service we cannot offer refunds however as customer satisfaction is our number one priority we will happily work with you to find a mutually agreeable solution.
These policies are a guideline but we understand things happen (IE: a strap breaks 2 days after the warranty period). Customer satisfaction is our number one goal and we will try our best to be fair and flexible.
Additional Policies and FAQs
We offer discounts on large quantities on our strassed shoes, pet collars & handbags! On purchases of 5 or more of the same handbag (example bridesmaids clutches in the same color, fabric and style), 10 or more pet collars and 2 more strassed shoes. Please visit: SophieAndAva.Com/Policies for details
We DO accept requests for custom items and promote this wholeheartedly!
Let's get together and make something beautiful!
Information regarding materials & DIY tips
We do not provide information regarding the sourcing of our materials, construction/application tips & techniques or supply prices to the general public as this would be a detrimental to the success of our business.
If your concern is the use of authentic Swarovski flat back crystals we will happily provide proof with your completed order. Please simply request this during checkout.
Thank you for your understanding.
We have a "Do Unto Others" policy. Harassment in any manner or form on the site or toward any person(s) at Sophie & Ava, including but not limited to via e-mail, instant message, or by use of obscene, insulting, defamatory, threatening or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Sophie & Ava reserves the right to refuse or terminate service and /or all contact at any time.
Products subject to current availability. We are not liable for product or packaging material misuse, or any harm to any persons with the use of any product or packaging material. Liability will be limited to the purchase price of any product, excluding all or any shipping costs involved.
We do not ever rent, sell or disclose any personal information about you or your email address to any third party organization, for any use or commercial purposes. We do encourage you to sign up for our newsletter (SophieAndAva.com/Subscribe) and be entitled to coupons, and your email address is 100% privacy protected.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 7:00pm Pacific
Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm Pacific
We respond to ALL messages. Please expect a response within one business day Monday through Friday.
For our full portfolio and embellishment options please visit: SophieAndAva.com
Last Updated May 9, 2012