thejewelseeker's Shop Policies
TheJewelSeeker has been selling and collecting designer vintage jewelry for over 15 years. All things sparkling catch her eye, but primarily vintage jewelry. We offer a fine collection of Collectible Costume, Estate, and Period Jewelry. We have been in business since 1996 and have often been told that we have a good eye for finding quality designer signed and unsigned beauties. You will find tribal jewels from Native American Indian designers, South American Designers and Eastern Indian designers. We look for Eisenberg, Boucher, Trifari, D&E Juliana, Schiaparelli, and others. Fine metals can be found in our shop including sterling silver and gold.
We aim to please, and customer service is a priority. We will respond to your convos within 24 hours, and we ship within 1 - 3 business days.
Thank you for shopping in my Etsy store, TheJewelSeeker. We hope that you will find something you would like to own. Our goal is to search and seek jewelry to add each week, so please come back and check to see what is new. If you are looking for something specific, just email me, and we will see if we can find it for you.
*****NOTE***** The "we" in our shop would be The Jewel Seeker and her awesome and hardworking retired husband!
We accept paypal, checks and money orders. If you send a check, we wait 7 days for it to post to our bank account before sending your jewelry. PayPal payments and money orders will ship the next day.
If you would like to put an item on layaway, please CONVO us, and we will set up a three payment layaway for you.
If you live outside of the US, please email us and let us know you are interested in an item and we will adjust the postage. I insure all items over $50 at no extra charge to all US customers.
We use the US postal service to ship, and ship most items using standard first class mail. Anything over the value of $100 will be shipped using priority mail, and we will insure over $50 and all items will require a signature of confirmation. We ship within 1 - 3 business days.
International customers are responsible for duties, taxes, and other fees incurred on international packages. Also, please be advised that I will NOT falsify customs documents by marking a package as a "gift" on customs forms. Refunds will not include customs or duty fees. International packages that are refused at the point of delivery will not be refunded.
Refunds and Exchanges
We understand that emergency can arise, if you cannot pay for an item that you have purchase, or need to delay payment, please let us know as we can be flexible. Refunds will be made if item is returned within 5 days. Please let us know immediately if an item does not arrive or is damaged so that we can contact the postal service and get the problem resolved.
All items are sold "AS IS" and all sales are considered final.
Vintage items are almost always pre-worn and will typically have some level of wear. We make a tremendous effort to accurately describe our items and note any noticeable flaws. Detailed photos are provided to further illustrate condition and appearance. Measurements and weight (when applicable) are provided for the buyer to determine proper fit.
We welcome and encourage you to ask questions and/or request additional photos prior to purchasing if needed.
If somehow we described an item substantially incorrect (i.e. significant damage or flaws not noted), we will accept returns under the following conditions:
1. We must be notified within THREE (3) days upon your receiving the item to request a refund. The item must be shipped within TWO (2) days upon an agreed return.
2. If your item is damaged in the shipping process, we require same day notification from when it is received and will request proof of damage via photos.
3. Items MUST be returned in the same way that they were sent (i.e. in a small jewelry box and padded envelope). If your item was shipped with delivery confirmation and insurance, it must be returned using those shipping options.
4. Items must also be returned in the same exact condition as it was when it originally shipped.
5. We do not refund shipping costs associated with returning the item.
6. Refunds will be made via PayPal only.
Returns will NOT be excepted for... buyer’s remorse, if item doesn’t fit or for color variation (each computer displays differently), or stones falling our or damage after wearing. These are used vintage items and stones falling out (or chains and clasps breaking) can be happen. I will provide you with the name of the person who repairs my jewelry if needed.
PLEASE NOTE: IF A PACKAGE IS RETURNED AS "REFUSED" BY THE BUYER, THE SELLER WILL DEDUCT A 10% RESTOCKING FEE FROM THE PURCHASE
Additional Policies and FAQs
We have established lay-away arrangements for 90 days. Here are the steps to lay-away:
1) Purchase the item, but rather than clicking to pay using paypal or check, you click "other".
2) Send a private Convo letting us know you want the 90 day layaway plan and add a link to the item you purchased and the email address that is connected to your paypal account
3) We will send you a paypal invoice for 30% of the total item cost (including shipping costs). This is non refundable and must be paid upon receipt (or within 24 hours of your convo).
4) 30 days after payment is made we will send another invoice for 30%; and then 60 days after the first payment was made we will send you another invoice.
5) We will ship the item as soon as the final payment is made.
CHECK PAYMENT OPTION: You can send three checks, the first check must be dated for the date of purchase. The other two should be dated consecutively 30 and then 60 days apart. Shipment will be made 10 days after the last check clears our bank account.
Our home is in Oregon where we spend at least seven months out of the year and the other months we are in a small community in Central California. We have a booth in a brick and mortar shop in Ilwaco, WA called The Antique Gallery. If shipped from the Antique Gallery, shipment may be delayed 24 hours. Sometimes items are shipped from that store. The majority of our items are kept with us.
Last Updated February 3, 2013