A New Name for Circles
This discussion is public.
Etsy is constantly buzzing with activity from people finding new items to call their favorite. These discoveries, often made in the Activity Feed, are the reason why so many shoppers keep coming back to the site. And while buyers stay up to date on other members' favorites, sellers benefit from the purchases this browsing leads to. That’s great for all! But, there’s one tiny hiccup: “circles” have some of our members perplexed. Today, we’re renaming “circles” so it’s easier to understand: “your circles” are now “people you’re following”. Learn more below.
1) If you’ve previously added someone to your “circle”, you’re now “following” them.
2) If someone has added you to their “circle”, they are now “following” you.
3) If you’ve set your preferences to receive email notifications when someone adds you to their circle, your emails will now look something like this: Fred started following you on Etsy!
What’s staying the same?
1) The Activity Feed will continue to work the same way it does today: following a member allows you to see their activity on the site — their recent favorites or treasuries they’ve created.
2) There’s no relationship to following people, people following you, or your shop:
a) Following people doesn’t cause your items, shop, or treasury to show up in other people’s Activity Feeds.
b) People following you doesn’t mean that people will see your items, shop, or treasury in their Activity Feeds.
c) If you don’t follow anyone, and nobody is following you, your item, shop, and treasury are still eligible to show up in someone’s Activity Feed if they’re following someone who favorited your item, shop, or treasury.
We hope this change will encourage even more shoppers to use the Activity Feed to discover new items and shops to call their favorite. Thanks for reading and if you want to learn more about the Activity Feed, visit this page: www.etsy.com/help/article/355
Posted at 3:56 pm Feb 12, 2013 EST