Design Updates for Weddings Browse Page
This discussion is public.
We wanted to share some design updates we made to the Weddings browse page (etsy.com/weddings), in order to improve continuity across all of the browse pages. For sellers, it’s important to note that the shopping sections, and how items appear in the sections, has not changed. So, what are the updates?
- There is one main landing page (etsy.com/weddings), similar to the other browse pages. The landing page is the jumping off point for shopping; you can see curated items on this page only, and a list of the shopping sections to go deeper.
- Trends are removed, to be consistent with other Browse pages. We believe that curation provides wonderful inspiration for shoppers, so we will continue to think about how it can play a role in Browse.
What Hasn’t Changed
- Weddings blog content is still accessible from the main landing page. The weddings blog is a fantastic source for ideas, tips and inspiration!
- The way items are populated in the sections remains the same, and is consistent with all browse pages.
- The sections and subsections are the same.
- Sellers don’t need to adjust their selling strategy; these changes are purely aesthetic. Traffic from Weddings will still fall under “Weddings Browse Sections” in Shop Stats.
- You can still access the old Weddings category (www.etsy.com/listing-category/weddings), and the list of categories are linked to from Etsy’s homepage under More Ways to Shop.
Thanks for reading!
Heather, on behalf of the Browse team
Posted at 2:57 pm Feb 15, 2013 EST