Our goal for the listing process is to collect the info needed to best help shoppers find your amazing items and feel confident making a purchase. To keep improving, we will continue to collect more specific information and work to make it as easy as possible for you to provide this info.
I'm happy to announce we're almost ready to collect four new attributes: recipient, occasion, technique, and style. Each new attribute is optional, and there will be a list of options to choose from. The list of options for each attribute is flexible and we expect to make adjustments.
Recipient is who the item is for. For example, men or women. Occasion is an event or holiday. For example, a wedding or Halloween. You can choose one recipient and one occasion. While an item could work for multiple recipients or occasions, we limit each of these attributes to one selection to understand the best fit.
Here's the list of recipients and occasions you can choose from:
Bar or Bat Mitzvah
Chinese New Year
Cinco de Mayo
Day of the Dead
St. Patrick's Day
If the item is handmade, technique is how you made the item. If the item is a commercial supply or vintage, technique is how the item was made. You can choose three techniques from the following list.
You can choose two styles from the list below or enter your own styles. The styles are broad and designed to fit most items. Choosing styles from the list of options will help shoppers find your items when we incorporate the attributes into search (details below).
Q: How will the new attributes impact search?
A: We will start with small experiments to determine the best ways to use the new attributes. As we get closer to releasing search improvements that leverage this new information to everyone, we will post announcements in the forums. You should continue to add the new attributes as tags until the attributes impact search results for everyone.
Q: Will the new attributes appear on listing pages?
A: Yes, we will display the new attributes on listing pages above the tags and materials section.
Q: Will the new attributes be included in Google Product Search?
A: Google Product Search has age group (adults or kids) and gender (unisex, female, or male) attributes. We will use the recipient attribute to determine the right age group and gender to send to Google Product Search.
Q: When will the new attributes be live?
A: We are almost ready to launch, but we want to get your feedback first. We'll let you know when we plan to launch these changes in this thread.
* We will collect four new attributes: recipient, occasion, techniques, and styles.
* You can choose one recipient, one occasion, three techniques, and two styles.
* Each new attribute is optional.
* Each attribute has a list of options to choose from.
* Each list of options is flexible and we expect to update the options over time.
* Style is the only attribute where you can enter your own options.
* The attributes will not impact search for everyone until we determine the best ways to use this new info.
* You should continue to add the new attributes as tags until the attributes impact search results for everyone.
* The attributes will appear on listing pages above the tags and materials section.
As a part of this release, we will also add made to order as an option for when an item was made.
Please post your questions and feedback in this thread: