Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

removing crayon stains from lego silicone molds

does anyone have any tips on how I can remove it ?

16 Responses

You may want to try a Techniques Team. There are plenty of them.
Vinegar is not just for cooking!! It is an excellent product for cleaning and medicinal purposes and just about anything you can possibly imagine. I bet you have it in your cupboard, so mix some up with a warm water solution and give it a try. Take a look at this site for helpful tips on the many things vinegar can be used for.

www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html
I'm not sure if this will work, but a Magic Eraser is truly magic in my opinion. It cleans things nothing else will touch. You could try it and no harm done if it doesn't. That's also the beauty of vinegar, it doesn't damage like harsh chemicals.
Marcia from MarciAnnDesigns says
" . . . a Magic Eraser . . . cleans things nothing else will touch."
If all else fails, try goo gone or cooking oil. Both will dissolve wax. They won't touch the dye in the crayon but the things that will, like bleach, will probably damage the mold.
Wanda...that is too funny!
Silicone is one of the toughest things out there, just try and remove it from your bathtub to re caulk it if you don't believe me LOL Hot Hot water will take care of the crayon wax and then whatever works for the remaining crayon dye.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.