Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Tags description and SEO

Any way I can make it better for my shop?
I feel like I can have a major improvement in the area but I'm not sure where to start!
What do you think?
Should I change descriptions?
tags?
Titles?

4 Responses

I think you could take advantage of the 5 photo slots.. show maybe some close-ups of the artwork or how it may looked framed on a wall. Other ideas for photos could be a shot of you painting (gives a nice personalized touch) or how the painting may be packaged.
Your tags should be 2-3 word phrases that buyers will use to find your items. Then repeat those keywords in your title.

I gathered a wealth of information on SEO for Etsy and posted it on my blog:

seaglassreinvented.blogspot.com/2012/04/seo-for-etsy-and-google.html

I hope that helps!
As said above use two words when you can.

Example:

abstract water color

Use the google keyword generator to find your best keywords.

I also have tips on my blog

www.kayslistofworkfromhome.com

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.