Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Responses to policy concerns, one month later

Etsy, it has been one month since a certain article about a certain featured seller brought to a head questions about some of Etsy's policies. In his "Notes from Chad" post responding to the issue, Chad Dickerson promised to "continue the dialogue" with the community. What progress has been made in resolving the situation? Does Etsy plan to share its revised policies with the community for feedback before making them final?

Let's please try to focus on what Etsy needs to do rather than what Etsy didn't do and clearly isn't going to do so this thread doesn't need to be closed.

35 Responses

Does Etsy plan to share its revised policies with the community for feedback before making them final?

They should, it would be nice. But are they going to..... I doubt it very much.
silly kevin. you're supposed to be distracted by listing multiple quantities of your items today, not dwelling on stuff etsy forgot about weeks ago.
I'm choosing to move forward rather than backward.....;)
I am looking forward to clear policies, all in one place, so I don't have to search the forums to see what one admin said three months ago to clarify a question. For instance.

Please just put it all in one place so I can understand if I am legal or not when I have a question. Thanks.
They locked all the threads that even bring the hint of questioning our Etsy overlords - to them; their job is done.
Robin from CustomPortraitArt says

I am looking forward to clear policies, all in one place, so I don't have to search the forums to see what one admin said three months ago to clarify a question. For instance.

Please just put it all in one place so I can understand if I am legal or not when I have a question. Thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^This. Please.
Money really is the bottom line. Etsy will do what is in Etsy's best interest to do. If a shop is making 1100 sales a month, Etsy will allow them to continue, regardless of how the sales are made. Sad, but true, as it is in most of life. Do I want to see a change? Absolutely! Do I think change will occur? Sadly, no.
Madi from OnceUponAGem says

They should, it would be nice. But are they going to..... I doubt it very much.

It's something Etsy has done in the past.

www.etsy.com/blog/en/2008/policy-sneak-peek-upcoming-updates-to-ets...

It's not something I am particularly expecting from the current Etsy, but I am trying to keep a positive outlook.
It would really be nice if they at least responded openly. They did talk about continuing a dialogue, and we, The Naive People of Etsy :D, continue to expect that to happen.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.