Cornhole Gamers Introduce Yourself

Cornhole Gamers is a moderated team with the following requirements:

New and lifetime lovers of the game, sellers and makers of bags, boards and accessories.

MetzGames says
Edited on Jul 14, 2011

Let us know who you are!

Name: Mike & Danielle

Location: Johnson City, TN

How long have you been selling/playing cornhole: We're from Ohio, so we grew up on this stuff! Mike has been playing in tournaments for 8 years and we've been selling bags and boards for 2 years now!

Additional websites (FB, Twitter, Blog, etc.): www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Metz-Games/193860273997181?sk=wall
*Like us on FB and we'll gladly return the favor!*

Posted at 7:39 am Jul 14, 2011 EDT

Name: Dave Reeves (owner BAM Woodworks, LLC)

Location: Manchester, NH

How long have you been selling/plaing cornhole: I stumbled upon this world last year while looking for dimensions to build a bean bag game. Once I saw these wonderful, functional pieces of art...I was hooked. I started building and selling locally before jumping on a free site to start selling to friends across the country. By the end of 2010 I had launched my paid site and the orders have not stopped! BAM Woodworks is the only organized cornhole board builder in the New England marketplace.

Additional websites:

www.BAMWoodworks.com
www.Facebook.com/BAMWoodworks

Posted at 9:33 am Jul 14, 2011 EDT

Name: Michelle Bierbower

Location: Chicago, IL

How long have you been selling/playing cornhole:

So for three years now, I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend Derrick who has his own cornhole company. He sells bags/boards, etc. and has made a fairly good go of it here in Chicago. He originally introduced me to the game when we first started dating. I've helped out with the bags portion of his company unofficially for a while now, and have just made my whole "e-commerce debut." lol. We decided to go this route because he has been super busy with orders this season and it's a great way to spread the brand. It's so much fun! Thanks for inviting me to the group!

Posted at 12:33 pm Jul 14, 2011 EDT

Name: Andrew Wright

Location: Colorado

How long have you been selling/playing cornhole:

9 years building cornhole sets for friends and myself
9 years selling cornhole sets
9 years playing cornhole
4 years selling cornhole designs on Etsy

I originally started playing in college while attending the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. I've then found that Colorado also loves the game and made a few boards for friends and myself.

I sell plans on Etsy and can help with custom design needs as I am an architect and designer.

Posted at 3:57 pm Jul 18, 2011 EDT

I began making the game bags after a college student found me sewing in a flea market. He was building boards to raise money for school and needed someone to make the bags. I didn't even know what the game was and still haven't played a game but I have tossed the bags at a sample board I have in my FM booth. I am still adding team prints and adding colors for bags. I would love to find a wholesale source for duck online. I live in a rural area that has just begun learning about the game but my FM booth is near Ft Bragg Army Base so I get lots of attention from our Soldiers.
I have never joined a team and don't have much spare time, so I don't know if this will work for me, but I am willing to give it a go and hope to learn alot.

I think it is great that this game is bringing families closer and giving kids of all ages loads of fun.

Posted at 5:31 pm Jul 18, 2011 EDT

MetzGames says

Hello everyone, it's great to meet you all!

BAMwoodworks:
Way to be a pioneer for cornhole in the New England area! We experienced similar success in E Tennessee because it is still very new here, and everyone is soaking it up!

michellesmash:
Welcome! We hope the e-commerce part of your business helps out your local business as well. Etsy has so many resources for small businesses it can be overwhelming but incredibly helpful!

wright4design:
we love that you are using both your training as an architect and your love of the game to sell the plans! so great! that's why etsy is such a wonderful source for many crafters/designers, etc. because it allows you to creatively do what you love

joeysartworks:
Thanks for deciding to give it a go! :) Feel free to start new threads/forums if you have questions or want to open up a new topic to talk about. We're happy to have you!

Posted at 1:46 pm Jul 19, 2011 EDT

Hello to everyone. So glad I found all of you

I am in the Tampa Bay area.

I have been in business here for 15 years.

I got into cornhole business almost 4 years ago when my daughter told
me about the game they played in Ohio. I thought it was crazy but said I
would give it a try and am I ever glad I did. You can see from my picture I
carry many, many bags I carry all 32 NFL teams, many NCAA teams,
NASCAR, NBA, and embroidered bags. Cornhole is still fairly new here but is growing very fast. Restaurants, bars, & everyone is getting in on the new found game and loving it.

Posted at 8:41 am Mar 30, 2012 EDT

Name: Heber Aldridge

Location: Greenville NC

How long have you been selling/playing cornhole: I didn't know what Cornhole was until my wife family had it at a family gathering while we were dating and I started playing it all the time. After playing it for 6 months or so I decided to make my our boards ( because it is hard to find great quality boards online) While a few friends liked the way I constructed mine and bought some. After a year of building boards I started a business JRHcornhole and business has been growing since then. I recently created a website JRHcornhole.com with the hopes of continuing the success I have had so far
Additional websites (FB, Twitter, Blog, etc.): JRHcornhole.com. also look for me on FaceBook under JRH cornhole

Posted at 3:20 pm Jul 3, 2012 EDT